PDA

View Full Version : Should I pull an all-nighter

Perseus
04-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Ok here's the deal. This weekend all the alumni from PSU came up and we partied till 6am every day, and I woke up at 2pm every day. Needless to say, my sleep schedule is f'd up.

I am tired right now but I was just laying down for a few hours and I can't fall asleep. There is a class I have to go to tomorrow at 9am or I don't graduate because the teacher warned me if I miss another one I fail. I also have to go to my other classes.

So, is it worth pulling an all-nighter, playing poker until 9:45 am...going to classes till 3...making it till 6pm tom night and then passing out till Wed morning...

...or should I go to bed, fall asleep around 3-4am, and risk not making it to class tom morning...

While we are on the subject, does anyone have any good all-nighter stories to share???

IndieMatty
04-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Set your alarm.

Ogre
04-25-2005, 11:54 PM
go to bed

Dead
04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Don't go to bed. Seriously. You don't want to risk not graduating. Just take a shitload of caffeine pills and pull the all nighter.

If I was in your situation and was not 100% sure that I could wake up in the morning, I would definitely stay up.

istewart
04-25-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't go to bed. Seriously. You don't want to risk not graduating. Just take a shitload of caffeine pills and pull the all nighter.

If I was in your situation and was not 100% sure that I could wake up in the morning, I would definitely stay up.

[/ QUOTE ]

willie
04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
if you can kick yourself in the ass and get up then go to sleep

if not- then stay up.

JGalt
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
It's 6 in the morning in Paris. I just spent the night out with my buddy who is going home tommorow, hooked up with two Danish chicks, made a few fellow Canadians jealous in the process. May have ruined my chances with a chick that works at a local bar and my friend has to leave in a few hours. Debating if I should sleep or not to make sure he gets to the airport. Hands down it is an all nighter.

edtost
04-26-2005, 12:43 AM
the all-nighter likely won't really hit you until tomorrow after, at which point you can pass out. go for it.

nothumb
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
How about, learn to get out of bed when you need to, your age is in double digits, you useless [censored].

NT

Alobar
04-26-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

While we are on the subject, does anyone have any good all-nighter stories to share???

[/ QUOTE ]

Got stoned with my friend. Buried his truck to the bottom of the doors in mud, about 200 yeards off the shore in the local lake they drained off. Spent all night in the dark with a shovel, covered in mud, digging so that we could get him out, because he had to go to work in the morning, and if he didnt show up his parents were going to beat his ass.

When dawn finally started to break and there was enough light to see, we realized how hopeless the situation was. So we went back into town to try and find someone who could pull us out. When we returned, we found that someone had broken his window, stole our jackets and all his CDs, popped the truck and stolen his battery. We followed the foot prints in the mud all the way across the lake, when we were bout half way we heard a couple gun shots, then a little bit later we see a two trucks drive off. guess where the tracks led? yup. Prolly the fuckers were shooting at us. Find the battery dumped about 20 feet from the shore. Then we take turns carrying the battery the half mile or so through ankle deep mud back to the truck (that dude was a stud for carrying it all by himself). anyway, got it back, got pulled out, and he made it to work.

Never realy pulled many all nighters in college. Tried lots of times, but then around 3am I realized I Didnt really care enough, and just went to bed. heh.

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-26-2005, 01:14 AM
It may seem like a good idea now, but around 4 you will probably begin to change your mind.

-Craig

istewart
04-26-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It may seem like a good idea now, but around 4 you will probably begin to change your mind.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite on point. However, by the time you get there you'll realize you can't go back, and just walk around campus for a bit, drink some Red Bull, and hit up the tables. Shower a few times too.

Perseus
04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about, learn to get out of bed when you need to, your age is in double digits, you useless [censored].

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool. Let's go on an internet message board and try to be funny by trashing other people. You are not funny and a lot of your posts are miserable. Get a life, you useless [censored]

Perseus
04-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Yeah I'm starting to realize how insanely tired I will be. It's not so much not being able to get up, it's how shitty I'm going to feel when I do.

I'm going to see if I can fall asleep within the next hour, if not, i'll be back.

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-26-2005, 01:42 AM
You can go back. It's what usually happens when I try to pull and allnighter. Just make sure that your alarm will wake you up. If not, then you have no choice but to stay up.

-Craig

nothumb
04-26-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's cool. Let's go on an internet message board and try to be funny by trashing other people. You are not funny and a lot of your posts are miserable. Get a life, you useless [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, the old, "I don't like getting picked on, so I'll fight back with baseless ad hominems, pretending the internet is meaningless while simultaneously attacking another person's participation as if it were the height of importance."

Look, the fact that you're a college student who can't get his ass out of bed when the alarm goes off, and that you're probably not even in the minority on this one, says a lot about both you and the average student these days. Don't get mad at me for pointing out your total lack of reponsibility. Have fun finding your way into the workforce.

Kisses,
NT

istewart
04-26-2005, 01:47 AM
What I often do is sleep from like 10 until 1:30 at night, take a shower, then pull one.

mason55
04-26-2005, 01:54 AM
I find it hard to believe you need the help of an internet message board to answer this. And no matter what happens tonight,
http://www.stafura.com/images/When%20you%20are%20stupid.jpg

Perseus
04-26-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, the old, "I don't like getting picked on, so I'll fight back with baseless ad hominems, pretending the internet is meaningless while simultaneously attacking another person's participation as if it were the height of importance."

Look, the fact that you're a college student who can't get his ass out of bed when the alarm goes off, and that you're probably not even in the minority on this one, says a lot about both you and the average student these days. Don't get mad at me for pointing out your total lack of reponsibility. Have fun finding your way into the workforce.

Kisses,
NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, well when you put it like this you are right, I'm going to be as least responsible as humanly possible for as long as humanly possible.

And your right, it does say alot about the average student these days because students never slept in or were lax in their responsibilities. Hopefully my generation can get over this trend as fast as possible.

Thanks for the insight.

Love,
Me

jgorham
04-26-2005, 01:57 AM
A 3hr nap is so huge its unbelievable. Trust me on this one. Just get 3 hours, and you will kickass.

Perseus
04-26-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe you need the help of an internet message board to answer this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha I actually just wanted some reason why I should give it a shot since I had no chance of going to sleep anytime soon.

But that picture is pretty damn funny.

Goodnight.

nothumb
04-26-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh yes, well when you put it like this you are right, I'm going to be as least responsible as humanly possible for as long as humanly possible.

And your right, it does say alot about the average student these days because students never slept in or were lax in their responsibilities. Hopefully my generation can get over this trend as fast as possible.

Thanks for the insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. We're of the same generation. I'm not a crotchety old man; you just think I am because I'm pissing in your Corn Flakes.

2. What did you really expect posting such a stupid question?

3. My understanding is that less than 4 hours is worse, at least mentally, than zero in many situations. This is certainly my personal experience. What I did when pulling all nighters (while studying, not reading an internet message board BTW) was take a shower, a dump and a shave around the time I would wake up, hoping to fool myself.

If you just have to be present, and not smart, I would take the nap even if it's less than 4 hours. As it stands you still have plenty of time to get to sleep and get 5 or more, you'd just rather get in a pissing contest. I suggest you get somebody to crack you in the head with something heavy. The other option would be to just go sleep in the classroom (or by the door if it's locked). That way, when the prof gets there and wakes you up, he can hopefully change your diaper for you too. You big baby.

NT

EliteNinja
04-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Take the 3 hour nap.

Set your alarm somewhere you need to get up to turn off and yet still wakes you up.

AND

Drink a tall glass of water before you sleep.
Then when you wake to your alarm,
"To pee or not to pee? That is the question."