PDA

View Full Version : Decent line against fairly obvious weak raiser?

dibbs
04-25-2005, 11:34 PM
PP 25

CO's first hand, no reads, he is hidden from search.

CO ($25)
Button ($27.3)
SB ($6.95)
BB ($65.75)
UTG ($18.85)
UTG+1 ($18.05)
Hero ($23)
MP2 ($14)
MP3 ($13.8)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, CO calls $2.

Seeing this flop I had planned to auto-checkfold to a bet, but his bet drips of weakness. He hates that K, and I am very confident in this feeling. How many people attack players in spots like this?

Turn: ($8.50) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4.

He took a while to call this bet. What the? AQcc? The feeling is still strong he hates the K, but he isn't leaving.

River: ($16.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $16.50

I haven't yet calculated if reads like this make me money or not. He didn't have and couldn't beat a K, he didn't have a set, but he did have me beat.

Even when you have those really secure reads, how often/hard do you push them at this level? Just let these hands go OOP?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Lakitu
04-25-2005, 11:51 PM
if you're going to go with you read i think you should bet more on the turn. maybe 7ish. if he still calls the turn i'd be done with it.

i find it interesting that you checked to see if he was hidden from search. i take it you figure hidden players are more likely to be bad players trying to stay off buddy lists?

dibbs
04-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Very true point about the turn. Lack of balls basically froze me up in retrospect. In position he most assuredly would have checked it to me and I could have bet larger, but I wussed out with him still to act.

As for the search, usually I use it to see how many tables a player is on, if they are three or four tabling it helps me know they play values etc. In my experience, hidden players are still often tight multitablers that hide themselves, while once in a while a crazy will hide himself as well. It is pretty unreliable but I feel my constant checking has saved me a fair amount of money over time.

Thanks for your input.

buddha
04-26-2005, 01:24 AM
If you think that he doesnt like the king you need to bet more on the flop and especially the turn. One prob with your logic is you gotta wonder how much value you will get from non king hands on this board anyway. The way the hand played he probably figured you were on a club draw and you didn't show enough strength to convince him otherwise.

I am not sure reads of this type are so valuable at this level except to tell you this donkey will pay off your REAL HANDS. Monkeys tend to convince themselves you have whatever they can beat and call anyways. Pushing them off hands is futile. The way to turn these observations into money is to bet you big ones and not make the mistake of slowplaying. As you can see they will pay you off.