PDA

View Full Version : KQo hand, checkraised on the turn.

Entity
04-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Not happy with this one. I'm a limit player who plays NL for fun and for practice, since I like live NL but don't play much online.

Pokerstars $.10/$.25. Folded to me in MP, and I raise to $1 (standard table raise) with KQo. The BB, a loose player who I haven't seen much out of postflop (I've seen him call off 15% of his stack with 44 in the BB and call a potsize bet on a JT6 flop), is the only caller. I've got about $65, he has $40. My image is most likely slightly LAG as I've been taking down a lot of pots uncontested with continuation bets and have won a few big pots with flushes and a turned boat over flopped straight.

Two to the flop ($2.35).

Flop is KT5, rainbow. He checks to me, I bet $2. He calls.

Two to turn for $6.35.

Turn is another K. Checked to me, I bet $5.50. He min-check-raises to $11.

I haven't seen him be aggressive yet. Is this a fold? If I call, should I be committed to calling a river push ($20)?

Rob

BobboFitos
04-25-2005, 11:10 PM
id call and decide what to do on the river based on the card and what he does

Entity
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

River was a blank (a 3, I think), and he pushed (~$20) into the $28ish pot.

Rob

BobboFitos
04-26-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

River was a blank (a 3, I think), and he pushed (~$20) into the $28ish pot.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

(is your pokerstars name the same as your posting name?..)

gosh, my plan seemed so good, and now on the river you're still in a quandry. lets go back to the turn:

I dont like folding because you're getting ~4+:1 to see the turn with 4 nut outs, 6 split outs (or win outs) plus the chance you're ahead (he's either pure bluffing or betting worse hand for value) so if you evaluate the split outs as half each thats 8, and for pot odds alone you're basically priced in.

I dont like raising because that freezes out a bluff completely (obv) and a semibluff is fairly unlikely minus QJ. Which is possible, but again, unlikely. also worse hands which could bet for value again on river (this guy is loose, so aside from only likely king, KJ, K9 or worse could be in hand range)

so thats why i call

once it blanks and he bets again,small small % he has queen high bluff(only likely bluffing hand) but could he be betting worse hand for value? i think 55,KT,TT are more likely then KJ, QJ, ??, but for it to be profitable call you need to win 40%+.

if my opponent has shown abillity to overplay hands (such as if he LED the betting with the 44 you mentioned) i'd call, against an unknown i'd fold, and be not so happy about it but not be sad.

EDIT: For the call ot be profitable you need to win 30%+, not 40%, I miscalculated, so I think I'd call actually.

TreyOfLight
04-26-2005, 12:36 AM
You're both deep here and it would be a shame to lose that nice stack to KT.

On the other hand, your opponent sounds like a very bad player and very bad players looove trips-no-kicker. I think I grit my teeth and call the river.

Tony.T
04-26-2005, 01:30 AM
You are playing against crap players who don't think poker the way you do and you have a K with a good kicker. The other guy will make this move with a n y king and many hands you crush. The question is just when you are moving in. Surely this is EV+ and if someone is saying anything else, they are wrong

Tony

umdpoker
04-26-2005, 01:44 AM
unless pokerstars players are much better than party nl25 players, you are ahead like 80% of the time here. so, the real problem is how to get all of his money the easiest way. i would probably reraise like $10, and push on river. i amguessing that he has a k with crappy kicker, or even a middle pp. many players assume that once the 2nd k hits, you can't have it. sometimes, he will have a set or kt. either way, you have outs.