PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a PSP?

IronDragon1
04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
I ain't poor either so don't let that factor into your decision.

[censored]
04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
PSP?

IronDragon1
04-25-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PSP?

[/ QUOTE ]

This Thingamajigger (http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx)

pshreck
04-25-2005, 11:04 PM
I dont know why any grown person would get one of these... but if money really doesnt matter then hey, why not?

Number 1 most important thing for me...

is it better than xbox, ps2, or even gamecube for gaming? EASY no.

And the second thing is... how often am I traveling (not driving) or trying to kill time when I am away from my apartment... not very often. Waste of money for me.

[censored]
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM
What would be a possible reason not to if not the money?

ilya
04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
If money's no object, sure, get one. They look cool, they multitask, and people have been saying that Lumines gives Tetris a run for its money as best puzzle game of all time.

Phoenix1010
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Don't feed Sony anymore money. Get a DS for pity's sake.

Emmitt2222
04-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Wait for E3 in May, in the 18-20th area. You will really get to see what the PSP and DS are getting into for their future plans and many more good games will be visible. Both of them now are just too young with not enough good games to decide in my opinion.

PokerFink
04-25-2005, 11:21 PM
My buddy just got one this past week and we were fooling around with it all weekend during a mini road trip.

The picture quality is amazing, and it's widescreen, so it works well for dvd's. However, unlike a normal portable DVD player, you can't use the minidiscs with a normal TV.

As for games, the graphics are super slick and the controller works well. I have no idea how good the selection of games is.

Definitely worth it if you're going to use it a lot.

RED_RAIN
04-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I am not super rich but I love toys. I saw one in the store and just picked it up. Over the following two weeks I picked up 3 games.

I have:

-PSP
-Dynasty Warriors (I like the game, some do not, just a hack and slash, but with some pretty good strategy during moves)
-Lumines (Better than tetris?, I have only had this for 3 days and haven't played much, but personally, seems pretty repeative and not all that great)
-Wipeout (Seems everyone has or should have this game, or so I've been told, pretty good, allows you to surf the web with hack)

I personally like it and think it's pretty cheap so amusing enough, plus can go as my MP3 player (yes I know about others), but for now, I like to have the new toys and this is mine currently.

mason55
04-26-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If your asking then you want one. If money is no object then just get one.

I swear, people on the internet have all forgotten how to think for themselves or something, based on the posts around here lately.

IronDragon1
04-26-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If your asking then you want one. If money is no object then just get one.

I swear, people on the internet have all forgotten how to think for themselves or something, based on the posts around here lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are whole range of things which I can do with the ~$400 I could drop for the system+games+accessories.

This was one way of helping me decided between this and the 238324872 options avaliable to me with that money.

Obviously, whether or not i ultimately purchase the PSP won't be affected that much by what I read here.

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, whether or not i ultimately purchase the PSP won't be affected that much by what I read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So not only can you NOT think for yourself, but when you ask others to help you won't even listen to them??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maybe if you listed the other things you want to do with the money we could help you decide through the combined experience of OOT based on what you like and what your goals are.

You'll probably just get made fun of though.

fluxrad
04-26-2005, 02:10 AM
If you have the disposable income and you're a gamer, get one.

If you're not a gamer, don't get one. q.e.d.

IronDragon1
04-26-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So not only can you NOT think for yourself, but when you ask others to help you won't even listen to them??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly said I wasn't going to listen to anyone just that I would take worthy comments regarding the quality of the PSP into consideration with a number of other factors as I would if I were seeking SUGGESTIONS as to what to do in any particular situation.

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Oh. Ok.

FLIP FLOPPER!!!!! WAFFLER!!!!

uhh... ... ... gotta go.

IronDragon1
04-26-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

uhh... ... ... gotta go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok

Please feel free to (erroneously) attempt to infer my motives for starting threads in future posts I make.

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uhh... ... ... gotta go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok

Please feel free to (erroneously) attempt to infer my motives for starting threads in future posts I make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still maintain it's a dumb thread. You say you might get a ton of other things but don't say what they are in comparison. You say money is no object so what else would stop you. Then you say that you're not even going to listen to the people in here.

So yes, this is still a dumb thread.

astroglide
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
the PSP and DS do not interest me in the least. i just see the PSP's technology as a license to make crap games which are 3d, and thus "good games". GBA SP games only succeed if they have a great license (those can still be crap games), or they're actually good games. it's not because of the graphics/audio, which is how i like it.

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why any grown person would get one of these... but if money really doesnt matter then hey, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep wondering the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Number 1 most important thing for me... is it better than xbox, ps2, or even gamecube for gaming? EASY no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why any grown person would have those either though. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have the disposable income and you're a pimply, 14 year-old dork, get one.

If you're not a pimply, 14 year-old dork, don't get one. q.e.d.

[/ QUOTE ]

offTopic
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
If they make a gyroscopic interface for this game (http://psp.advancedmn.com/media.php?gameid=26&medtype=2) that allows you to control the "ball" by tipping the PSP itself, then by all means, go for it.

Benal
04-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Wait until you can get wireless internet on the PSP over here, like they already do in Japan or Korea.