PDA

View Full Version : JJ in MP, UB 1/2

woodguy
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Hello All,

Just sat down w/ $100.

UTG posts BB of $2. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Folded to me in MP ($98) with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I raise to $8

Flat called to my immediate left by MP2 ($122), UTG poster ($85) calls.

Flop ($27) comes K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, I bet $15, MP flat calls, UTG folds

Turn ($57) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

My play?

Comments on other streets welcome.

Regards,
Woodguy

BobboFitos
04-25-2005, 10:45 PM
many people autobet the flop

i like to heads up everytime

but this is a flop i'd check

given you didnt

i'd check the turn

also

it's helpful to have reads

although posting utg is a read in and of itself

cfb1739
04-25-2005, 11:13 PM
I would check the flop here. Two people called your preflop raise of $8 and there are two overcards to your jacks. Unless you put both of them on small pairs or suited connectors, you are beat. If only one overcard flops, then I would bet out to define my hand.

You bet half the pot and were called. What range of hands do you put villain on now? You are behind AK, AQ, KQ, KJ, AA, KK, QQ and 99. The only hands you are ahead of are hands like 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif If he called you on a flush draw w/ 98 suited you are now behind. Would villain call $8 preflop w/ a hand like 67s?

In short, I think you are behind in the hand much more frequently than you are ahead. I would check fold the turn.

Siawyn
04-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Draw heavy board with 2 overcards to your pair. I dont think it's very likely that your continuation bet will work here. If you are going to bet here, which I wouldn't, it needs to be the pot, to represent a set of kings or queens... or would you really only bet $15 with them as well?

woodguy
04-25-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or would you really only bet $15 with them as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's my standard continuation bet.

I check/folded the turn, and I just wanted to check my line, as it felt a little weak/tight.

Regards,
Woodguy

woodguy
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sat down w/ $100.

[ QUOTE ]
although posting utg is a read in and of itself

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

check/folded the turn, it just didn't feel right, so I thought I'd post it.

I have to fire at this flop as I want to see if I can get the button for the last two streets, and I fire at most flops with 2 opponents or less.

Regards,
Woodguy

BobboFitos
04-26-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just sat down w/ $100

[/ QUOTE ]

good reason =)

[ QUOTE ]
check/folded the turn, it just didn't feel right, so I thought I'd post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, it's ok

[ QUOTE ]
I have to fire at this flop as I want to see if I can get the button for the last two streets, and I fire at most flops with 2 opponents or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

only reason i brought this up about this flop is it's so coordinated i dont know how useful an auto bet is. just because you fire at most flops doesn't mean you should fire at all of them.