PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved AK in a large pot

Dudd
04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Is the flop three bet the best way to maximize my EV in this pot? I'd only been around for a little more than an orbit and didn't have any solid reads to speak of. I only bet the river since the villian in the hand had been letting his timer run down on my flop 3 bet and my turn bet, so I felt there might be a small chance I could get him to fold something like JJ or another AK if he was weak.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 09:50 PM
The flop check-raise 3 bet seems GONZO to me. I'd bet out and fold when its 2 back to me. Seems to me that basically every single one of your outs is dirty.

pergesu
04-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Why did you 3-bet?

Argus
04-25-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the flop three bet the best way to maximize my EV in this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
[ QUOTE ]
I'd only been around for a little more than an orbit and didn't have any solid reads to speak of. I only bet the river since the villian in the hand had been letting his timer run down on my flop 3 bet and my turn bet, so I felt there might be a small chance I could get him to fold something like JJ or another AK if he was weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't happen nearly often enough to make it profitable. Did you consider that maybe he's a multi-tabling TAG and he nearly timed out because he had too many other hands to fold?

As the first reply said, check/fold the flop. It was capped behind you preflop, your outs are dirty, and it's two cold now. AK doesn't have to win every hand, but you're going to have to play a lot of them to make up for this one.

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AK doesn't have to win every hand, but you're going to have to play a lot of them to make up for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.