PDA

View Full Version : Old Dos command...

dibbs
04-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Pretty random, but I'm trying to remember, what was that old Dos command that totally flushes out a hard drive? I think it has "Systree" in it or something.

Thanks in advance.

YourFoxyGrandma
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
format [drive letter]:

Luzion
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
deltree c:\

typing this command will ask you (Y/N) if you wanna deltree everything.

deltree c: /y > null

This command means to auto-input YES for you already without even asking, and > null means it wont show the "Deleting C:\...." message.

@echo off
@deltree c:\ /y > null

I seem to recall people would add that stuff in peoples autoexec.bat in the old days so when you reboot, your hard drive would just go crazy while it was deleting itself and to a normal computer user it would just look like someone was just lagging.

Eihli
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
in typing class in high school we had these computers running win NT that booted into dos. everyone had to type in "win" at the command prompt to boot them into windows. i noticed myself mistyping it a lot and accidently typing "won" or "wni" etc, so i wrote a batch program that would delete windows and I named it "won" and "wni" and "iwn" and put it on all the computers. what a blast.

M2d
04-25-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought this was a post about how a classic mexican beer was going to command me to open it and drink it. Think i'll obey anyway.

Fishwhenican
04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
If you want to really clean off the drive and start fresh, delete the partition , recreate it and format the drive.
FDISK will let you get in and delete the partition and then repartition the drive.
Format c: will then format the drive. If you are going to do this make sure you have a bootable floppy disk with fdisk and format on it.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 10:45 PM
*.*

drexah
04-25-2005, 10:53 PM
deltree *.*