PDA

View Full Version : 6 handed VS 9 handed???

Nick M
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Just want to know everyones opinion on this. I started playing 9 handed SNGs on PS. But recently I've been trying out the 6 handed 35s and I like them better. I feel that I play better in the later rounds when it's short handed. I have been trying to figure the pay outs. 1/3 less players and 1/3 less pay spots. I ran through my numbers and saw that when I make the money, I have more wins than 3rds. I think that it might be more profitable for me to play with less people. I think I'm gaining more equity by eliminating 3 people, than I am by keeping 3rd place pay in the mix.

P.S. I'm not much of a forum guy, but I think I really need to start posting on here more. A lot of good info comes from this forum. Thanks!

microbet
04-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Nobody answered this and I'm a little curious to see a discussion so, bump.

I've never played a 6 player. I assume they go faster. It might be something to do if I don't have much time.

valenzuela
04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Im not sure you have a sanple size but anyway Im a kid that sucks at poker and the only way he can win money is playing with a system, so thereby I prefer the party sngs which are 10handed.

Nick M
04-25-2005, 11:13 PM
You know when I started I thought they were going to go faster also. They really only save about 15 minutes on a win. People still play tight and save their chips to the later rounds. You would think that since there is 1/3 less people it should go 1/3 quicker, but alas no hahaha. 1/3 quicker would be sick....you know what's funny I was just playing a SNG 6 handed 35er while writing this. One guy just took out 2 people at once and then this other took out 2 people at once. Heads up beginning of second round hahah I have like a 1000 and he has like 8000...I started at 10:32 and it ended 11:05pm. 2nd place damn! Man that was ridiculously fast.