PDA

View Full Version : Name Change For HDPW?

HDPM
04-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, in a few months HDPW may have to be referred to as "My Baby Mama." I think that is appropriate, don't you think?

Things looking alright, I guess they could still go wrong, but enough people know I decided to shamelessly post on it and we are past the most uncertain part. Perhaps I can get some name suggestions too. Kid will be a boy. If we go with Xeno, it will have the X not the Z, but perhaps. I like Imhotep and Xerxes, but HDPW will veto these. So suggestions fine. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

offTopic
04-25-2005, 06:26 PM
HDPB

Beerfund
04-25-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HDPB

[/ QUOTE ]

HNIC

Zeno
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Name suggestions (for the Boy):

Augustus
Cicero
Thucydides
Ammianus Marcellinus

But I like Arbogast. Read about this guy and I think you will like the name also. It is unfortunate that he was unsuccessful in restoring paganism to Rome and changing the course of Western Civilization. He came so tantalizingly close, one battle away essentially.

I also like Xerxes but this hardly helps your cause.

Hope all goes well for you and the wife. I must have missed the initial post - so congradulations.

'Xeno' /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

andyfox
04-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Congratulations.

How about AK47? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really, that's wonderful news.

Best wishes,
Andy

Phat Mack
04-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Congrats!

I wouldn't change HDPW's name without running it by her first. You may not have noticed it, but there is ever so slight a chance that her moods might be undergoing an alteration. In fact, in a couple of months your sweet bride might help you understand the true meaning of fear. Don't get cute. I'm warning you, but you won't listen. heh.

As for the boy, I think the important thing is for boys to have proper nicknames. I'd pick a nickname, then work backwards to a given name that will go with it.

If you're not interested in nicknames, I like--

Beowolf
Montaigne
Buster
Pancho.

Pancho kinda goes with Poker Man, doesn't it? Pancho Pokerman. It sings.

Please convey my felicitations and best wishes to HDPW. Remind her that I like her, and her name, just the way they are.

Mack /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Ron Mexico

CCass
04-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Congrats!!!

A good old Southern name like Courtland should be considered. It has an authoritative sound to it.

HDPM
04-26-2005, 11:06 AM
I kinda like Boo for a nickname. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pancho is good tho.

HDPM
04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I really like Cicero. That may be the leader in the clubhouse.

Arbogast I will have to read about. Won't be the kids name tho. Thucidides is great, but an obvious veto by HDPW.

M2d
04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Sparse Grey
Wulff

HDPM
04-26-2005, 11:11 AM
No gun names. Around here Colt would probably work, but it would be so bad.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

usmfan
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Scout was one we considered.