PDA

View Full Version : AC Trip report 10-20; 6-12 (long)

Mez
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm mostly a poster on the tourney forums, but I started keeping a journal so I thought I'd post it here. Feel free to comment on my play in any hand....

AC Trip report
After leaving 45 minutes later than I expected, I arrived atthe Borgata, checked in and signed up for 1-2 NL, 6-12 and 10-20. After 10 minutes, I was called on a brand new game of 10-20. I bought in $400, sat down in seat 3.

I high-carded the button and was dealt 77 on my next hand inthe CO. Five or six of us took an unraised flop of AK7r. EP bets, 1-2 callers and I raise with bottom set, hoping to eliminate any gut shotdraws. Three to the turn 5 – completes rainbow. Checked to me and I bet. EP now folds and Seat 2 raises. I don’t see anyway I’m behind here and I re-raise. Seat 2 calls to see the river, which was a brick. Seat 2 checks, I bet and Seat 2 wants to raise, but he’s too green to know what counting chips way out in front of your stack means if you didn’t announce raise, dealer forces a call there (I was considering just calling the raise – maybe badly played AA or KK) - he tables A5 for two pair and my set is good for a huge early pot.

Two hands later, I call a raise with 55 and five of us tothe flop of 7x5s3s. Checked to the MP raiser who bets out. I like my set, but raise on the draw heavy board. EP cold calls theraise and MP flat calls. Three of us to the turn of 7x. Checked tome and after thinking, I decide to bet out. Both folded and I show myboat. Probably a mistake to bet there, as I didn’t believe either player could have an overpair and a spade or high card may have gotten some river calls.

A few more hands later I look down at QQ in EP in an unopened pot. I raise and 4 of us take a T high flop with 2 diamonds. I bet out, two call from MP to see a brick on the turn. Checked to me, I bet, bothcall. River is another low card, making several straights, but completed a flush draw. I check, lady in MP bets, called by MP2 and myself. Shetables 88 unimproved, I think my hand is good because MP2 didn’t raise the river. Somehow, he shows QT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to win the pot.

Next hand I pick up AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise again. Again 4callers and I’m in a multiway pot. Flop is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifX. I bet out and am raised by a good player with position on me, a weak tight lady cold calls and I call hoping for a gutshot or over card.. The J /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits the turn. I bet out again and am cold called by both players – another mistake. River is an A, rainbow board. I bet and only WT ladycalls. She tables a set of jacks. Probably would have been paid off on the river if I a blank hit, but I could have easily paid her off too if the board paired.

Only other hand I recall at 10-20 was in my SB w A7,folded to the green-loose-semi-aggressive button who limps. I completeand 3 of us to the flop of A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet out and only the good player(TAG) flat calls. Turn is a 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I bet and am called again. I have my river bet locked and loaded when the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls. I check, call to see A8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the nuts.

I get up soon after for a food break, when I return. I can only get on a 6-12 table quickly and I sit one of the worst tables ever, just bad karma going around. The kind of table where people are calling out every string bet. I recall losing a large pot with a flopped set of 10’s when a fish rivered a low flush. After 30-40 minutes I can't take it anymore and I put in a table transfer. I just wasn’t having fun.

I move to another 6-12 table and proceed to sit next to the jolly talbe captain on my right. He was jolly, he was fat. It took 5 minutes for him to be annoying and smelly. I fold for a few minutes (including folding QJo in LP to a raise from Mr Jolly where I would have flopped quads). Anyway, the following hand came up a few minutes later – prolly very fishy by me.

I’m in LP, UTG+1 raises, 3 callers to me and I call w 66. Button and BB call behind me and we take a 6-7 way flop of 478r. UTG+1 bets out, called around to me, I call and only the BB folds. Turn: 9, compeletes rainbow. UTG+1 again bets out, only one caller to me, I call, and button now raises. UTG+1 calls, and I can now close the action with a call. I might be drawing dead right now to TJ for the button, but I just don’t see the button calling the flop with that hand. I really think that a 5 or 6 are clean outs. The pot (best of my recollection) was well over 10:1, I call. River is a 5, checked to me and I check, but so does the button. Showdown, MHIG – button had 89 for two pair, UTG+1 held AA.

I got up soon after.

Thanks for reading and any comments.

sfer
04-25-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet out and am raised by a good player with position on me, a weak tight lady cold calls and I call hoping for a gutshot or over card..

[/ QUOTE ]

Tallish, grey hair, soft spoken, glasses? She's there every weekend and she's incredibly predictable.

Mez
04-26-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet out and am raised by a good player with position on me, a weak tight lady cold calls and I call hoping for a gutshot or over card..

[/ QUOTE ]

Tallish, grey hair, soft spoken, glasses? She's there every weekend and she's incredibly predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes, yes...and agreed on predictable. I was only at the table for one hour and the only time she opened/raised was with the nut full house.