[censored]
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Awesome!

wayabvpar
04-25-2005, 06:04 PM
God Lucas is a whore.

Dynasty
04-25-2005, 06:26 PM
The TV series has been talked about for a while. Most Star Wars fans are happy that it's going to be set in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars.

vulturesrow
04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God Lucas is a whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get this. People seem to get so upset about Lucas making money off his franchise..whats the big deal?

[censored]
04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God Lucas is a whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get this. People seem to get so upset about Lucas making money off his franchise..whats the big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haters in the act of hating. Starwars kicks ass.

[censored]
04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
The problem I think will would be getting fans to accept it without Vader. I'm not sure if it could be pulled off.

Additionally aren't Obi One and Yoda the only jedi left during this time? I don't think a starwars show will work without Jedi.

Shakezula
04-25-2005, 06:35 PM
George Lucas was in a terrible accident as a young man. He had been lazy and unfocused throughout his life, up til the accident. After waking up from his coma, so I read, he "came to life", invigorated, and with ideas to write to write a story of his version of the life-force (the Force). It was a complete change of life-focus for him, this accident, and we are much richer as a people for it.
I have no problem with his accumulated wealth, and the fanatical hold he requires over his work. Some lesser people have just as much money and from no work of their own. Some deserve it; and "God" Lucas, as he was labelled, may be one that deserves it.

wayabvpar
04-25-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God Lucas is a whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not the money I mind, it is the raping of the corpse of my childhood I find distasteful.

vulturesrow
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God Lucas is a whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not the money I mind, it is the raping of the corpse of my childhood I find distasteful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say, I laughed when I read that. What the heck does it mean?

StevieG
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have to say, I laughed when I read that. What the heck does it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that Lucas created a world that captured the imagination of any kid born circa 1970. He did it with daring heroes, larger than life villains, and classic mythology and chivalry married to the vastness of space.

Over the past couple of films, he has managed to underwhelm those same people and soil the memory of that first achievement at the same time. He did it with computer generated characters, flat acting and dialogue, and cliches that reduced his mysticism to some second rate pseudo-scientific messianism.

I'll see Episode III, and maybe even enjoy it, but I'll be dreading it somewhat.