PDA

View Full Version : Is this a stupid call?

DMACM
04-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Min raises were common in this game. For some reason I thought I was pot commited. I was thinking id be about 2:1 underdog against ak and I had a chance of taking him out but in retrospect i think this was pretty stupid. Given his low stack I put him on a wide range of hands. UTG min raises fold fold I put UTG all in.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2652)
Hero (t2364)
UTG (t814)
Button (t2170)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop: (t450) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (t450) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (t450) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: t450

Shanemex
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
You're getting about 2.5-1 and figure to be about a 2-1 underdog, so it's not a terrible call by pot odds. You have decent chips so you could afford to make it, but I still would probably fold it. You should be able to steal his BB next hand since he won't be pot committed anymore and then steal again from the button to build up some chips before ITM.