PDA

View Full Version : Irony (low content)

JoshuaMayes
04-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Here is an amusing hand from yesterday in a 20+2 on party.

The blinds are 100/200 and six players remain. I have 600 after posting my blind. The two other relevant players, MP1 & MP2, each have stacks ~800 at the start of the hand.

I am dealt Q9 in the BB. MP1 and MP2 both limp in, and I check. The flop comes JTx. I push all-in. MP1 calls instantly, as does M2. MP1 show TT for middle set; MP2 shows JJ for top set. I spike an eight on the river and bust them both.

Way to limp in for 1/4 of your stack with big pocket pairs fellas!

jah0550
04-25-2005, 04:38 PM
lol...they were trying to "slow play" and got run over. Who just flat calls 1/4 of their stack? Answer: Morons. Love those fish

valenzuela
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
can u possibly tell me there is no situation in which calling 1/4 of ur stack is correct?

PinkyRingo
04-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Haha! That guy with JJ sure is an idiot! He put all his chips in the middle with the best hand! And lost on the river! What a moron!

sofere
04-25-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha! That guy with JJ sure is an idiot! He put all his chips in the middle with the best hand! And lost on the river! What a moron!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying its smart to limp for 25% of your stack with JJ in middle position? If so, please play at my tables.

JoshuaMayes
04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
He is an idiot, but not because of his flop play.

He would have doubled up if he had raised all-in before the flop, as he should have. Letting me take a flop with any two cards in that spot was horrendous. With 4XBB there should only be two preflop options: all-in or fold.

How comfortable would he have felt, if instead of Jxx, the flop had come with an overcard, as is much more likely? Then what, he calls off all of his chips with an underpair? Should he really want to take JJ against 2 hands if he can take it against 1 instead?