PDA

View Full Version : Boba drinks

Shaman
04-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I hate it when the drink runs out and there are still a lot of those round thingies at the bottom.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when the drink runs out and there are still a lot of those round thingies at the bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

miajag81
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the drink

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Ulysses
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drink more of the balls earlier in the drinking process.

Edge34
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about...

chaas4747
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM
This may help!

info (http://www.google.com/)

hogua
04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
What the hell is boba anyway? I keep seeing new boba stores opening up all over Los Angeles, and the Bike even has carts full of boba drinks that they push around to sell to seated players.

They always looked a bit strange to me, so I never tried one. Am I missing anything?

offTopic
04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What El D said...you have to step up your tapioca burn rate earlier in the process.

To the other posters - it's a drink, typically sweet-tea based, with tapioca balls in it.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's a drink, typically sweet-tea based, with tapioca balls in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say here except WTF?

shant
04-25-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's a drink, typically sweet-tea based, with tapioca balls in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say here except WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever had Thai Iced Tea at a Thai restaurant? It's very sweet. This is like drinking that through a huge straw, and sometimes you suck up these gooey balls through the straw and eat them.

Now that I read my description, I guess WTF is very appropriate.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever had Thai Iced Tea at a Thai restaurant? It's very sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very funny. The entire South drinks sweet tea and you're talking about Thai restaurants?

Ulysses
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
This drink is known as bubble tea, tapioca tea, milk tea, pearl tea, boba tea - or some combo of those terms.

Ulysses
04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever had Thai Iced Tea at a Thai restaurant? It's very sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very funny. The entire South drinks sweet tea and you're talking about Thai restaurants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet tea in the south is not at all like Thai Iced Tea (which involves a lot of milk). Boba Tea is much more like Thai Iced Tea + tapioca balls than sweet southern iced tea + tapioca balls.

astroglide
04-25-2005, 04:50 PM
thai iced coffee/tea involves massive amounts of condensed milk, it's not anything similar to standard iced tea

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet tea in the south is not at all like Thai Iced Tea (which involves a lot of milk). Boba Tea is much more like Thai Iced Tea + tapioca balls than sweet southern iced tea + tapioca balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense then. I have not had this. I don't think I will try it. It sounds odd. I'm fairly sure I'd throw up a little in my mouth when the tapioca balls came up the straw.

Duke
04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just bitter that I never started a US chain of these places myself. I considered it about 7 years ago with a buddy of mine while partaking in some boba drinks in some cafe in Alhambra (by LA). After people get over the "sucking balls through a shaft" it's pretty neat stuff.

~D

Ten7offsuit
04-25-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should shoot them at people and things.

Shaman
04-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Good idea! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

mason55
04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
This isn't difficult to solve. You obviously drink Boba a lost if you're complaining about this problem. You don't think you could have figured out to drink more boba earlier in the drink by yourself, without the help of an internet forum???

JoeU
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes sense then. I have not had this. I don't think I will try it. It sounds odd. I'm fairly sure I'd throw up a little in my mouth when the tapioca balls came up the straw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake, they are definitely worth a try. I was told (by andyfox I think) that when I went to LA, I should try one. They cart them around in the various poker rooms. I had one at the Commerce and it was very good. I had no clue what the balls were until I read this thread.

I could do without the tapioca balls, but the tea was pretty good. Definitley worth a try.

Joe

GuyOnTilt
04-25-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This drink is known as bubble tea, tapioca tea, milk tea, pearl tea, boba tea - or some combo of those terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Commerce it is known as "bobamilty".

GoT

rmarotti
04-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I hope this is a joke. It's funny either way.

IsaacW
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
There's a Vietnamese restaurant in Worcester called Dalat that serves a variety of shakes with boba. Very good... I like the avocado ones.

I recommend keeping the straw near the bottom to suck up more boba before you finish off the liquid.

GuyOnTilt
04-26-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GoT