PDA

View Full Version : Slow-played and got punished.

theblitz
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($4.45)
UTG ($52.4)
MP ($16.9)
CO ($33.5)
Hero ($35.75)
SB ($20.4)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.10) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $35.50 (All-In), BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $30.25 (All-In).

River: ($69.85) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $69.85

Villain is Loose/passive/aggressive (50%/0%/1.67)
However, this is only from 24 hands so not statistically significant.

Raise pre-flop?
Big flop bet?

etgryphon
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Raise PF?

Depends on the table. Not my standard play. I would raise if I was will calling stations who went too far with hands and I had a real deepstack.

Big Flop Bet?

Yes, you have to protected against the flush draw and the lesser straight draw. I would bet at least $.90 - $1 here. You have to build the pot some...

I'm guessing the BB got a BB Special with 42 or the 66.

-Gryph

beset7
04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
On the buttom I tend to raise with small PPs in 6max but not always and mostly for the 6 out of 7 times that I don't flop a set I can steal on the flop. But that's really a style thing. Limping is cool.

You have to bet the pot on the flop because the board is coordinated with a two flush. If that means you take down a $1 pot then so be it. It's better then being stacked out off by a BB special.

Los Feliz Slim
04-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Why do you push the turn? He's not going to call with anything you beat.

This looks a lot like every set I've hit in the last two weeks - either you're going to win $1 or lose a bunch. This is a great reminder why NOT to slow play sets without a clear read on Villain's hand.

Wayfare
04-25-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($4.45)
UTG ($52.4)
MP ($16.9)
CO ($33.5)
Hero ($35.75)
SB ($20.4)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.10) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $35.50 (All-In), BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $30.25 (All-In).

River: ($69.85) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $69.85

Villain is Loose/passive/aggressive (50%/0%/1.67)
However, this is only from 24 hands so not statistically significant.

Raise pre-flop?
Big flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a multiway pot, where people are likely to give you action and you are last to act, you cannot check this flop. This flop is very dangerous, especially considering it was limped around preflop.

The raise on the flop is also silly; no one with a worse hand other than two pair is likely to call your all in.

pzhon
04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero raises to $35.50 (All-In), BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $30.25 (All-In).

[/ QUOTE ]
With what hands would you expect the CO to overbet? It looks like someone made 2-pair or a straight, and is afraid of a flush draw. There are more straights possible (48) than 2-pair combinations (36), particularly since someone who flopped 2-pair would usually bet on a coordinated board. Unless the CO likes to overbet as a (semi)bluff, you should not expect to be ahead. I'd call and hope the CO slows down, or that I fill up and can get paid off well by a straight. Of course, the CO could also have 66.

I don't think it makes sense to push. Someone with the low straight might fold, but that isn't so likely. 87s is my guess for what the CO has.

Bukem_
04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
The great thing about possibly(not saying it is necessarily right in this case) grossly overbetting a flop like this is that you only get calls from hands you crush, or flush draws that are more obvious.

Gutshots and even oesd tend to go away and you get the 2 pair, pocket 3's pocket tens, a9s to come along. Pocket 9's obviously come too, but you are losing your stack to them anyways. Sometimes you win it outright, and you might be disappointed. But in that case no one had anything worth calling, except a hand that would only give you action if it could beat you, and you slowplayed it.

Even if they do fold, its great for your image as they have no idea what you had and start getting suspicious and calling with extremely mediocre hands cause they think you must be bluffing some of the time.

theblitz
04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
87s is my guess for what the CO has.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bang on.
He showed 8 and 7 of diamonds.

Almost certain that a raise pre-flop and a bet on teh flop would have taken the pot down.

As said earlier - I got what I deserved.

Since reading SS/2 (after this hand had occured) I tend to bet out more often on these type of flops and if I take a baby pot then so be it.

-Skeme-
04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Wasn't Villain showing 87o obvious with the thread title and demeanor of the post? Wayfare made a great post, by the way. I won't bother posting a real reply as I'd just be regurgitating what Wayfare said. I'm going to sleep.