PDA

View Full Version : HU aggression check

willie
04-25-2005, 03:00 PM
no one ever accused me of not being a maniac headsup at the end of a sit and go when i have a lead....is this push a bit overaggressive?

me 5325
villain 2675

villain completes for 250, i check w/ 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

flop

954 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

1k in the pot, i push.

bad?

Benholio
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
I like this push. When I'm heads up, I'm looking for reasons NOT to push, and I need 2 or 3 good ones, such as: my cards add up to 5, my opponent has gone all-in, I have less than 2:1 pot odds, etc.

On another note, was he completing the SB often? If so, push back at him liberally pre-flop.

Sam T.
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Looks good to me.

If he's got a couple of spades, you're pretty close to dead meat (if someone wants to figure out the odds of hitting the runner-runner straight flush, that's fine), but:

He ain't calling without a made flush, an overpair, nine or a big spade (and even that would be dodgy). If he calls with anything except the flush, you've got outs to the str8 and (maybe) the flush. Granted some of your str8 outs are tainted, but you've got a ton of FE.

Sam

willie
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On another note, was he completing the SB often? If so, push back at him liberally pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he was not, but we were only about 4 hands into headsup play.

willie
04-25-2005, 03:29 PM
villain had AT ss

i was dead to the running straight flush.

just makin sure i played it about right.

valenzuela
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this push. When I'm heads up, I'm looking for reasons NOT to push, and I need 2 or 3 good ones, such as: my cards add up to 5, my opponent has gone all-in, I have less than 2:1 pot odds, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]