PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE CHECKED THE TURN? (WHAT DID WE ALL HAVE) $5 if you guess

Cleveland Guy
04-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Pokerroom $2/$4.

Hero is in the SB with xy.

Preflop - UTG Raises, 2 Folds, Button Calls, Hero Raises, BB Folds, UTG Caps, Button Calls Hero Calls.

Flop - K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero Checks, UTG Bets, Button Raises, Hero Calls, UTG Raises, Button Caps, Hero Calls, UTG Calls.

Turn - T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero Checks, UTG Checks, Button Checks.

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero Bets, UTG Calls, Button Raises, Hero 3-Bets, UTG Calls, Hero Calls.

Okay - so given all this betting - how odd was the turn check through?

And I am curious - as to what hands you can put all 3 of us on? and who you think won the pot?

UncleSalty
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Hmm...that turn check-through is bizarre.

How about:

Hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG has AKs ( /images/graemlins/heart.gif or /images/graemlins/spade.gif)
Button has has KQs ( /images/graemlins/heart.gif or /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

Hero wins w/ nut flush.

ZZZ
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
I take it that last "Hero Calls" should be "Button Calls".

You have AK, I can't think of any other hand you could have that you played reasonably. Oh wait... KK. What the heck, I'll go with KK, makes your river 3 bet easier.

UTG has AA that smelled a rat on the turn. Maybe QQ/JJ, but I'll go with AA.

Button is tough. Perhaps 7/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif?

Cleveland Guy
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I take it that last "Hero Calls" should be "Button Calls".

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. I tried to edit, but it's too late.

kapw7
04-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Hero: TT tries to C-R the turn
UTG: AA/QQ backs off
button: AQs/A6s

Elecman
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Here is my guess:
Hero - KK
UTG - AA
Button - 66

reb
04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
You got kings atleast.

Cleveland Guy
04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Any other guesses? A couple people are close - but no one is quite there yet.

btspider
04-26-2005, 01:47 AM
UTG looks like AA

you need a K.. AK/KK. either way i'd like a turn bet-try3bet. AK may prefer the overcall on the river.. flush seems hard to put button on.

Button is bizarre.. Ac6c, 7c6c, K5, 66 seem possible, but weird.

i'll guess:
UTG - AA
you - KK
Button - meh, Ac6c..

Cleveland Guy
04-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Hero had - KK
UTG had - QQ
Button had - TT.

I liked my pre-flop play, and on the flop, with them both raising, I didn't see the need to get involved, figured they liked their hand, why not let them catch up.

On the turn, I was hoping to get agressive with a check raise, but everyone checked through- that seemed really odd to me at the time, but makes a bit more sense now.

I led out the river cause the turn got checked, and I was afraid the same would happen on the river.

So how was my play here?

mistrpug
04-26-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero had - KK
UTG had - QQ
Button had - TT.

I liked my pre-flop play, and on the flop, with them both raising, I didn't see the need to get involved, figured they liked their hand, why not let them catch up.

On the turn, I was hoping to get agressive with a check raise, but everyone checked through- that seemed really odd to me at the time, but makes a bit more sense now.

I led out the river cause the turn got checked, and I was afraid the same would happen on the river.

So how was my play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the button played horrendously postflop on every street. I especially liked his flop cap when he's in all liklihood behind, and his turn check behind when he's almost definitely ahead.

With all the action of the flop, I think your turn check/raise attempt is more than reasonable. River bet is good. Nice hand.

Cleveland Guy
04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I think the buttons biggest mistakes were pre-flop and on the flop.

He was way to passive pre-flop, calling a raise, and then calling 2 more raises.

On the Flop - he's gotta think AA, AK, QQ, etc are out there and he is way behind.

On the turn - I actually like his play, everyone else checked, so they might give up, he likely has the nuts, and someone will surely bluff the river into a pot this big, so go for the raise on the river.

But I do think he was truly lost pre-flop (I have TT, how can I fold), and on the flop.

mistrpug
04-26-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn - I actually like his play, everyone else checked, so they might give up, he likely has the nuts, and someone will surely bluff the river into a pot this big, so go for the raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

After preflop and flop got capped, I bet the turn 100% of the time hoping someone is going to check/raise AA, AK or even 66...something like that. Even though in this case button's actually behind, he's easily ahead 95% of the time on the turn...probably more. In addition with the huge pot and some draws, I think worse and drawing dead hands will call very often.

I do agree his preflop play was poor as well. He also should have capped the river. Again even though in this case it would have cost him, it's the right play.

Cleveland Guy
04-26-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After preflop and flop got capped, I bet the turn 100% of the time hoping someone is going to check/raise AA, AK or even 66...something like that. Even though in this case button's actually behind, he's easily ahead 95% of the time on the turn...probably more. In addition with the huge pot and some draws, I think worse hands will call very often.

I do agree his preflop play was poor as well. He also should have capped the river. Again even though in this case it would have cost him, it's the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - sometimes it's nice to sit after a calling station.

TerminalOrbit
04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Everybody who isn't hunting for the flush is worried about it and the hunter doesn't want to commit more than nescessary (and thereby increase his implied odds). Very shrewd play, although, it seems that it was out-of-character for the players involved. Was it late? Were you the chip-leader?