PDA

View Full Version : Table selection and poker software....

Mr_J
04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
How do you select tables at party? Is pot size an ok indicator, probally enough to check out the table for a few rounds...I'd prefer to play at party.

Software. I coldn't d/l PTO from the 21st of 22nd. I'm guessing the beta was pulled since the proper version is out soon? The patch update was there, but not the link for the beta.

Playerview. Never used this. Recommend it?

Anything else?

PTO database. I guess just datamine.

toots
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I've been sorting by pot size. Once in the game, I play a couple hands until the PokerTracker Omaha "Live Game" window catches up. If at least half the table isn't playing way loose according to past PTO history, or current VP$IP numbers, I consider moving on to another table.

The trouble with this strategy is that as soon as I spot a full game with some juicy players, I put my name on the waiting list for that table and note that the names of the players in front of me in line are the same ones that are always in front of me in line (or so it seems), and by the time I get into the game, they've displaced some of the fishier players. I mean, this is always the same collection of tight players gravitating toward the same tables as me. The result is that by the time I get a seat, the pot size has fallen like a rock.

What I'm going to try next is the not-so-full tables with medium high pot sizes, assuming that I can get in before the sharks start schooling.

Ironman
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
I actually do something similar.

I run PT for 15 minutes while I do some other work on 4 tables. I glance at the tables from time to time looking for VPIPs above 70...yeah, I know, there shouldn't be numbers that high but there are always 2 or 3 with show down percentages less than 50. The rest of the table will have 2 above 40 in terms of VPIP and a couple between 20 and 40 with the token 15 who just likes to play A 2 3.

As soon as I like a table, I'll jump on or on a list.

I love playerview...it's really top notch. I hear Gametime + is good too, but have not tried it.

You might post a note over on the "software" section in the main index and see when they say the PL Omaha version will be out for you.

Good luck,

Ironman Dave

GooperMC
04-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Player view is a god send however it only works on party (which may not be a problem because you are asking about party). Gametime plus is also good but it is much less configurable then Player view.

Like other players I will data mine tables for about 20 minutes before I sit down and start to play.

Pot size is a decent indicator but I would rather be playing in a .5/1 game with an average pot of 9 with 75% players seeing the flop then I would a game with average pot of 15 with 30% of players seeing the flop.

gergery
04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Can you use Gametime with PT Omaha?

GooperMC
04-25-2005, 08:54 PM
No. Probably something I should have mentioned /images/graemlins/smile.gif