PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley Professor was bluffing about stolen laptop

shant
04-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Thief called his bluff.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22762

Alobar
04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
damn, if only any of us had realized....im sure all the signs were there.

asofel
04-25-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thief called his bluff.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22762

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Although I have unlimited respect for facts, and delight in their discovery and appreciation, I have come to the obvious yet almost blasphemous view that, with respect to teaching, the facts just aren't that important.

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant, in my opinion

Voltron87
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
IMO it was pretty obvious... kind of analgous to the poker thinking "he would not have played x hand like that"

shant
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO it was pretty obvious... kind of analgous to the poker thinking "he would not have played x hand like that"

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't post this because I thought he was telling the truth. If you go back to the first OOT discussion of this, my theory was he was bluffing. I posted this because I thought everyone would be interested in the follow-up. It was pretty obvious he was bluffing.

Alobar
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't post this because I thought he was telling the truth. If you go back to the first OOT discussion of this, my theory was he was bluffing. I posted this because I thought everyone would be interested in the follow-up. It was pretty obvious he was bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah totally, anyone who read the first discussion knows that like everyone agreed the guy was full of BS. So fear not, none of us are thinking you were a sucker or something /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for posting the follow up tho

Tron
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Despite all the exaggeration, and threats, the thief has ignored Rine and has kept his laptop. Still it was worth a crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh?