BuddahShark
04-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Live game. .5/1 NL.

Stacks::
Hero $60
MP1 ~$150
SB ~$100

Hero in BB dealt black AA.
2 folds. MP1 calls 1. 3 folds. SB calls .50.
Hero raises to 3. MP1 calls, SB calls.
Flop: ($9) Ts 2c 3h
SB checks.
Hero bets 5.
MP1 raises to 10.
SB calls 10.
Hero raises to 30.
MP1 calls 20.
SB folds.

Turn: Ts 2c 3h (4d)
Hero is all in for $27.
MP1 calls.

River: Ad

Comments on all streets appreciated. Results will follow.

TrailofTears
04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Raise more PF. Raising to 3 when the blinds are .5/1 is just pricing in any limpers before you and tempting an players behind you to play with position for cheap.

I think the flop play is fine, but any reads on these guys and your table image are crucial for outside analysis. Do they play overpairs like this, or do they play sets like this?

As a detail, don't post that river card.

-Trail

Deamon2
04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
do you have any reads on your opponents?

I'd say you're either up against AT or 22/33; I doubt you're up against another big pair because of the limp/call. He probably thought you were trying to steal and thought his marginal hand was a race against you at least. That being said, when he plays with you on this flop his marginal hand hit pretty hard. His call of your raise on the flop makes you committed to pushing the turn no matter what, so there's little you can do to get away if you're beat.

My guess(since you are posting this) is that he had A5 and turned a straight. You're never going to read into that, and he'll lose money making that play.

BuddahShark
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you have any reads on your opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]
MP1 is pretty loose, has built up a sizeable stack but I read him for top pair here by the way he looked at the board confusedly when i raised, trying to search the board for what was beating him. SB was pretty mediocre, probably on some sort of a draw, I was sure when i reraised the flop he would go away.

My concern over my play was that I should have just pushed it all in on the flop, as I only left myself 27 behind to an $80 pot.

Villain showed T5h when i pushed the turn, so he had around 11 outs when that turn card came out. At that point I kicked myself for not putting him to a decision on the flop, where he would be making a serious error in calling. I gave him the chance to actually play correctly, although it was impossible for me to put him on that hand.