PDA

View Full Version : random thoughts/comments/observations

mostsmooth
04-25-2005, 12:28 PM
-apparently i cant use my points on my black card to purchase headliner show tickets at the borg unless i have a host. i go to inquire about a host and they basically laughed at me and my 12 hours of table time and $14 an hour rate (hmm i thought it was higher than that, i know i was playing $25-$75 on two hands each of 4card poker once upon a time.)
-i sit in a 15-30-45 stud game that was shorthanded, in comes a new dealer and asks for time. everybody throws in $6 (4 for half time, 2 for ante). im like wtf? half time should be $5 total, 3+2. all the players and the dealer claim its 4+2, and the players say theyve been paying 4+2 for a while. floor comes over and says its 4+2, and i tell him is 3+2, and then he realizes its stud so it is 3+2. for some reason they add a dollar for HE.
-i played HE good (at least i think i did, who the hell knows)
-i played stud gooder (i even outsucked somebody when i caught a case card for a boat while they had hit a gutshot straight on the river)
-player A raises with 2 flush showing on 4th, hits another flush card on 5th and bets, player B folds. player C sitting next to me says to player B sitting next to him, "that was an easy read blah blah blah". ive been known to make that move on occasion (player A wasnt making a move, showed the flush), but now i know it will work against this guy for sure. half hour later i get player B and player C in a hand, ive got 2 flush showing , i bet, player C folds, 5th street is 3flush, i reach for chips and player B tells me to take it down /images/graemlins/cool.gif(nothing earth shattering, but its nice when you dont have any other flush cards underneath and are pairless and probably behind)
-there are players in the stud game that dont know the bet size on each street. dont know why a player who folded to a check got a card on the next street. dont know bring in size. dont know you can bet double on 4th when a pair is showing. dont know what happens if the dealer runs out of cards.
-MGD is good
its all boring i know, but such is my life /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

youtalkfunny
04-25-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are players in the stud game that dont know...why a player who folded to a check got a card on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing for 15 years, and I don't understand this silly rule.

mostsmooth
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there are players in the stud game that dont know...why a player who folded to a check got a card on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but you know its the rule and wouldnt sit there staring at the card bewildered, mumbling to yourself,confused as if you woke up and the sky was brown.

Nomad84
04-26-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but you know its the rule and wouldnt sit there staring at the card bewildered, mumbling to yourself,confused as if you woke up and the sky was brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that's exactly how I'd look, but I don't play stud /images/graemlins/blush.gif Never heard of that. I take it their hand is dead, though, right? I mean, they folded...