PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else here pissed about having to update PV every week?

DavidC
04-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I am.

Edit: It's a great product, and great that it's free, and there's a few things that could be done to improve it, but damn... what's up with the weekly updates!? How about once a month or two?

Re-Edit: And how about when installing over top of an existing version of the software, not creating a new start menu shortcut, as your old ones should still work just fine...

splashpot
04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
You don't like it, don't use it. Quit complaining.

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Um yes, it's annoying but it's not even close to not being worth it.

Also, where can I donate to the developers of PV? (edit: I couldn't find it on their website.) This thread reminded me that I ought to and you should too.

-Craig

sthief09
04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
would you rather:

1. have the original PV version and never have updated or
2. have made weekly updates and have the vastly improved new version?

give me a [censored] break

Sifmole
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Apparently not going to be free much longer.... Did you bother to read the install notes?

"This patch simply allows PV to run until the 30th. This is in preperation for making PV a COMMERCIAL PRODUCT."

Emphasis mine, and may not be completely verbatim.

goodguy_1
04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
I'll second the give me a [censored] break .

PV is invaluable.. it's free right now and you are complaining about having to spend 10 minutes to download a new version every 3-4 weeks..get a grip man.

Mizzles
04-26-2005, 07:09 AM
David you're an idiot. If you find that updating it takes too much out of your poker time, then don't use it. It's that simple.

Vern
04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um yes, it's annoying but it's not even close to not being worth it.

Also, where can I donate to the developers of PV? (edit: I couldn't find it on their website.) This thread reminded me that I ought to and you should too.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess would be since he has announced a commercial release (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304) and has promised that people that donated before the commercial release was announced would get a free copy, he is no longer accepting donations and will be accepting payment when the commercial product is available.

There where to donate info used to be under the donor list, but it is now gone.

Vern