PDA

View Full Version : Do you play this differently?

BeerMoney
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I was new to this table, and had no reads on my opponent.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___double bets
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises

6th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

River

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets

Andy B
04-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Well, the only thing that makes sense for your opponent is <font color="red"> 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> in the hole. I mean, you have to have trip Jacks, don't you? An unknown on-line player isn't necessarily going to make sense, of course. I might have slowed down a hair sooner, but I don't think you can really be faulted for putting in that much action.

RandomUser
04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I play it the same way except I probably just check and call on 6th street.

When you reraise him on 5th you are saying you definitely have 3 jacks. When he caps it, he is saying he doesn't care.

Best case scenario is him having lower trips and putting you on 2 pair due to your double bet on 4th (lot of people think that double bet on 4th means 2 pair while a single bet is trips wanting action).

After 5th street, though, I think even the most dimwitted player would put you on at least 3 Js, especially when you bet out again on 6th.

Edit: Just saw the dead cards and there is no way he has 3 5s or 3 4s so no luck there.

Andy B
04-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Why can't he have trip Fours?

BeerMoney
04-25-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When you reraise him on 5th you are saying you definitely have 3 jacks. When he caps it, he is saying he doesn't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I have a hard time putting him on a hand that beats me.. the only hand beating me right now is a very unlikely str8.. for some reason, i didn't consider him having a 3 flush with those cards... ( I forgot about 3 flushes..)

Michael Emery
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I cant fault you for putting in that much action either. People start thinking about what they have ONLY and will go nuts raising with a hand thats second best, in this case 444. I would have probably played it the same exact way with the exception of leading out on sixth. If you lost I'm guessing 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or against a looser player that will pay $10 on fourth with a 3-flush and gutshot A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. What I really hope is he was a maniac and your trip jacks were good to his 444.

Mike Emery

mscags
04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I play it the same way except probably not betting out on 6th. You have a monster but the way he's playing he seems to have you beat or is an idiot. Hopefully hey is an idiot and you scooped it.

BeerMoney
04-25-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or against a looser player that will pay $10 on fourth with a 3-flush and gutshot A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. What I really hope is he was a maniac and your trip jacks were good to his 444.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

He had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I was totally shocked.

The reason why I couldn't understand the re-raising is cause he could have possibly figured me for full when I 4 bet... It just didn't make sense.. No matter what, his hand didn't make sense... I actually tried hand reading, and it didn't work.. NEVER AGAIN!