PDA

View Full Version : Need help testing software for SnG.

EnderFFX
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Actually I need more than just help. I've set up a web site which allows users to input their tournament histories for 9 player SnG on PokerStars. The site's goal is to do an analysis of the players hands, to be able to look up player info for certain conditions (level/current chips/how many players left) to give a player a statistical advantage.

I've completed the upload part of the program (website) and am now creating the analysis part. What I am looking for is this:

Players with strong knowledge of SnG who would be able to tell me useful stats that a user should be able to look up.

Players who play a lot of SnG who can test the software by uploading tournament after tournament of results.

Players who play on PokerStars (i will expand this once I complete the PStars version)

Opinions on the website, the look, the feel, the ease of look, etc.

If you are interested please msg me, or if you have any opinions please post them here. I'm not going to post the web site cause I'm looking for a small group to test initially for the alpha test.

hummusx
04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
a) There's already software that does this
b) I think you are going to find people are pretty negative about loading all of their stats onto the web.

EnderFFX
04-25-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a) There's already software that does this

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about pokertracker or are you talking about poker prophecy or something completely different?

b) I think you are going to find people are pretty negative about loading all of their stats onto the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that the second after I hit send for the post. I figure odds are I would get zero replies, but I didn't want to post the address cause I'm not trying to advertise a site. Just trying to test it

Thx for the feedback.

hummusx
04-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I was talking about PokerTracker. It lets you see very detailed stats for yourself or any of your opponents.

EnderFFX
04-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Does poker tracker do an analysis for SnG? Like let you look up stats based on bubble play, different blinds levels, stuff like that?

hummusx
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Yes.

I'm pretty sure you can download a demo version of it. You may want to give that a go and see what it can do.

meff66
04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe PT supports PS? is this still true? i moved to PS a few months ago, leaving PP & PT behind.

i would be interested in a similiar tool to use on PS. do you intend to support the 6-seaters? i play these almost exclusively.

i'd be happy to converse off-line. do you have contact information that you could share here?

EnderFFX
04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Poker Tracker does support Poker Stars. I'll send you my info and we can talk about it. Setting up the site to accept 6 player tournaments would be really easy. It would just be a matter of setting up a new set of tables.