PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Stats from 6-max newbie

Rico Suave
04-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I know some of the major areas to work on...loosen up, steal more, defend more, get to showdown more, etc. I also know...insufficient sample size.

But, if anything else stands out, please let me know. Nothing seems to be working....at all; and yet the play at the 5-10 tables appears to be pretty damn awful. I am starting to think I don't know what awful play looks like.

Also, sorry about the big pics...I am an image newbie as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Rico

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/RicoSuave2/stats1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/RicoSuave2/stats2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/RicoSuave2/stats3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/RicoSuave2/stats4.jpg

Wynton
04-25-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm too new to offer much advice. But my VPIp is slightly higher than yours and I've been told is too low. Also, I've been told I defend too infrequently, yet my blind defense is higher than yours.

Finally, I notice that AKs is a loser for you. I don't have my stats at this computer, but my recollection is that I lose with that hand too, or at least, don't do nearly as well as I'd expect with that hand. Perhaps we both tend to overplay it.

Trix
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
steal more, defend more, get to showdown more, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn´t worry about loosening up more, just play your hands more aggressive before the flop. Your pfr can be alot higher and so can your steal % .

Try to overlimp less, it will get your pfr up.

Say you have something like QTs or 55 after one bad limper in the CO, your default should be raising, sometimes limping is better though, so look for a reason to limp rather than waiting for some perfect sitiuation with 3 tight players behind.
They really have to be very loose for you to prefer limping.

Rico Suave
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Trix:

[ QUOTE ]
just play your hands more aggressive before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see this. One thing that I noticed about my stats vs yours and others is that my preflop aggression from the blinds is woefully lacking. My other streets look at least ok, but from the blinds.....ugly. I guess I don't 3-bet steals enough and I dont raise 3-handed pots from the blinds with hands like KTo, 55, A9o, etc. My blind play is killing me.

--Rico

Trix
04-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I dont raise those 3way either.

Just looked at your position stats and you limp in alot.

1/4th of the time you play on the button for example. I´m sure there is alot of stuff in there that could be raised.

I dont know what your UTG limp are, but I´m rarely at tables where I like to limp in that spot.

Post some of your limps, UTG/MP/CO/BTN, I´m sure much of it plays better raised or folded.

You folded your BB way too much to steals aswell, which may be the reason that you are loosing that much from there.

Lost Wages
04-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Rico,

Your VPIP is fine outside the blinds, but you definitely need to loosen up in the blinds. That will get your overall VPIP up.

Also, you need to get to showdown a lot more. Those hands that you fold in a full games because they figure to be payoff hands are showdown hands in 6-max.

You may be a little over-aggressive on the flop. Bet the river!

Lost Wages

Rico Suave
04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Trix:

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked at your position stats and you limp in alot.

1/4th of the time you play on the button for example. I´m sure there is alot of stuff in there that could be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do overlimp quite a bit on the button with hands like QTo, JTo, J8s, 55, etc. I am surprised that 25% limpage on the button would be that wrong, but looking back on others' stats, I guess it is high. I dunno.

I limp in the range of 12-15% from other spots...I would guess usually at loose passive tables with weakish suited connectors, low pairs, etc. I will have to take a closer look at those spots. Thanks.

--Rico

bunky9590
04-25-2005, 02:33 PM
play more, raise more, defend a lot more.

Rico Suave
04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Lost Wages:

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I suck.....or as JR might put it, I "blow chunks"

--Rico

ISF
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Your went to showdown is really low. You probably need to call down more with marginal hands.

billyjex
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
You're very tight in the small blind. Loosen up!

Once you steal a little more, defend a little more, and complete a little more, your stats will begin to look like the more aggressive players here.

I wouldn't worry about winrate.. my first 9k hands at 5/10 6-max were at -3bb/100 and the next 9k were at 4bb/100 (I'm at 18k as well.)