PDA

View Full Version : how can i clear my registry so that expired demos can be reused?

TStoneMBD
04-25-2005, 07:56 AM
when a demo expires, is there a way to clear the registry of its expiration info so that you can continue the trial? is there a site that explains which files need to be removed for each specific program?

Baulucky
04-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Setiing your clock back works in most programs if you do it before they "lock up", i.e.: if the program never negates access.

TStoneMBD
04-25-2005, 08:41 AM
ooh never thought of that. this program has already expired though.

TobDog
04-25-2005, 09:34 AM
reformat, reload everyting, make every day April 20th.

Of course for all that effort, you may bet better off buying it.

SinSixer
04-25-2005, 09:36 AM
You could try and buy the program. Developers work hard, not for free. If you liked the software so much during its trial to reuse it, why not buy it?

If someone posted a "cracked" version of PokerTracker, would you use it? Would you think anyone that did was scum? Is there any difference in abusing a trial period for some other program?

TStoneMBD
04-25-2005, 09:45 AM
i didnt ask for your moral values. i dont appreciate you passing judgment on me. i am a very generous person with alot of things, but with some things i do not feel compelled to be generous. if there was a cracked version of pt, i would not use it. i would pay the money for it. i am also planning on donating quite a bit to playerview once they have released a version that is fairly bugfree.

for your information, the program is a gif animator utility, and they want $50. i find that to be ridiculous considering i only plan on making 1 gif for an avatar i had in mind.

SinSixer
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am a very generous person with alot of things, but with some things i do not feel compelled to be generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
for your information, the program is a gif animator utility, and they want $50. i find that to be ridiculous considering i only plan on making 1 gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right the onus of generousity should be on the developer of the product you want to use for free. My bad.

Crispy86
04-25-2005, 11:06 AM
That doesn't make your stance any better. In any case, I'm sure there is more than one utility that can do the job you seek, with trial periods, so why not download one of them instead?

splashpot
04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Find a clean computer. Install the program. Make the gif. Send it to yourself.

Xcalibur
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
You could just google for some freeware gif animator. There are a few out there on WWW. This way, everyone is happy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif