PDA

View Full Version : Heads up BB defense, 5/10 6m

DeathDonkey
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Hands like this give me more trouble than any others, not because I can't win the hands, but because I always feel like there are a million lines to take and I'm not sure which is the best.

Opponent in this hand was pretty loose passive but didn't mind stealing or betting when checked to.

Should I just go ahead and checkraise the flop? I planned to check/call, check/call, bet this one and then I turned two pair and decided maybe I can get more with a turn checkraise, to which he promptly folded, so I guess I wasn't really going to get more either way.

If the turn was a blank instead of a helpful card should I have stuck with my original plan? What about check/calling all the way? So many choices, ugh.

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

wowacedude
04-25-2005, 07:14 AM
I think you played this fine, i like the call call bet line if he likes to bet when checked to as you said.
When the four fell on the turn, you have to raise somewhere, and he is passive, so he is likely to calldown with any piece of the board?

-Per

marand
04-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I usually fold this preflop. (Unless I know the player would try to steal with anything and plays badly after the flop.)

After the flop I think your line is reasonable, but I would usually check/raise this flop and bet the turn. The time I would check call, check call, bet is usually only with A-high flop without many draws.

I am not sure am I playing it correctly though. (Only played like 40k hands SH so far.)

Rico Suave
04-25-2005, 09:33 AM
deathdonkey:

[ QUOTE ]
So many choices, ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is what makes shorthanded fun! Any number of lines would be correct here...and it all depends on your opponent, your image, your history, etc. I think your line is fine.

--Rico

cartman
04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
My default play heads up vs a preflop raiser is to checkraise the flop and bet the turn with any top pair except for Aces in which case I either check-call all the way or check-call, check-call, bet the river.

Cartman