PDA

View Full Version : hey wildbill...seriously...

scalf
11-12-2002, 05:56 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif man, i tell you, i think those energy providers who busted down with enron, are screaming bargains....williams settlment may mean calif politicians want to cover their arses publically, aka settlements....but reasonable payment schedules, so no one goes bankrupt, and in a year or two...ten baggers...

i have purchased mir at 1.85
cpn 2-3.00/sh
cnp...at 7.00/sh(shoulda waited here...

i feel that enron cast a huge spell on this market and see mir and cpn as 5 to 10 baggers....

so wb, you see this from california...why not????

i am serious...big big bucks here..jmho..tia..gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

adios
11-12-2002, 08:52 AM
As a sidelight what I find interesting about this situation is that if WMB was still paying a divi anywhere near what they were 6-8 months ago there's no way in hell they'd be trading at $2.60 a share where they went out at last night.

Wildbill
11-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Are you kidding? They want blood and couldn't give two rats asses if someone went bankrupt. Hell they put their own utilities with the thousands of jobs and the responsibility to provide power under or just about under with their futile plan to keep the citizens from having to pay much more than the under market price they had already. Forget about it, if your strategy relates to CA politicians take the simple belief that you will get the worst case and go from there. Too many things to worry about betting on these companies to put much more than funny money into them. I put most of my fun money in airlines and it has paid off great, I already doubled on AWA and think its a $5 stock with National gone and maybe others shutting down some routes. More upside than in the energy case because I think there you are looking at least half those companies going under or at least never recovering well from the setbacks. Energy traders all are getting smoked as no market exists and its back to the old days of everyone just writing up a contract. With the uncertainty of any of these providers staying solvent I think a lot of big buyers will avoid doing business with them and it will trickle down. If you really want to play the CA market I would buy EIX, but it won't be a bagger of any sort. It does have some value and could double over a year as I don't see them going bankrupt (state will see to that) and I don't see their situation getting any worse. In fact they might wiggle their way into getting at least some loot from all these settlements. The stocks you are talking about you are basically hoping someone comes in and buys them for intrinsic value, aka Warren Buffet.

scalf
11-13-2002, 08:30 AM
/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif wb, and th, appreciate your comments...but still, does not cpn own real power generating plants, that produces real power, that is likely to be sold at a profit...why did calif settle with williams???to set up other companies for worse results?///still feel there is potential here....but i certainly agree there is risk...thanks...and gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif