PDA

View Full Version : Dealer gets BB?

TBiCAD
04-25-2005, 03:59 AM
I've been participating in a couple of poker home tournaments (Texas Hold'Em). During heads-up there has been no question about whether the dealer should be BB, following the rule that the person after the dealer is SB. I started doubting that this is fair for the dealer, and searched the net. I found the following at:

http://www.learn-texas-holdem.com/questions/heads-up-blinds.htm

<font color="green">
"Question: When you are down to the last two players, who is the big blind and who is the small blind?"

"Answer: I get this question a lot so let me answer it again. In texas holdem, when you get down to two players (heads up play), the dealer button gets the small blind and the big blind is the other player. That means that preflop, the person on the button actually moves first, then the big blind players. On the flop and after, the player who isn't the dealer has to act first. The reason for this is because position plays such a large role in heads up play. If the dealer button was to have the big blind preflop, it would be too much power since they are already invested heavily because of the forced bet (big blind) and they have position."
</font>

This sure sounds right to me, although it seems like the most common practice is that the dealer is BB. I'm probably going to try to convince the host of the poker home tourneys I play at to change the rule.

What do you guys think about this?

Nick B.
04-25-2005, 04:03 AM
The small blind is the button everywhere except party poker.