PDA

View Full Version : Riddick Bowe

[censored]
04-25-2005, 03:54 AM
I just finished watching his "comeback" fight tonight on FSN. Sad just very very sad.

[censored]
04-25-2005, 04:00 AM
BTW He ended up winning in a very unpopular (but deserved) split decision.

ceyoung
04-25-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW He ended up winning

[/ QUOTE ]

think this is going to lead to a razor vs. iron mike bout?

[censored]
04-25-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW He ended up winning

[/ QUOTE ]

think this is going to lead to a razor vs. iron mike bout?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean Riddick Bowe and not Razor Ruddick. Based on what I saw tonight, no way. Bowe got rocked several times tonight and based on that would get killed by Tyson even though he is also a shell of his former self. In Bowe's defense he took this fight with only 3 weeks to train.

ceyoung
04-25-2005, 04:20 AM
yah, my bad on the razor reference

bernie
04-25-2005, 05:42 AM
I think this was a replay of his fight about a month ago. I saw it at the cardroom. In one round, if it goes 10-15 sec. longer, he's out. 5?

What a waste of talent.

That said, his opponent, who gave up reach, height and size, fought one hell of a fight.

b

[censored]
04-25-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this was a replay of his fight about a month ago. I saw it at the cardroom. In one round, if it goes 10-15 sec. longer, he's out. 5?

What a waste of talent.

That said, his opponent, who gave up reach, height and size, fought one hell of a fight.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been because your description is spot on. He was absolutely saved by the bell against a severly overmatched opponent.

Bowe's career is striking in that he was a fighther extremely motivated and dedicated to become World Champion but lost those qualities rather quickly once getting there.

I suspect this comeback is about wanting to get an additional payday, and who could blame him.

Dynasty
04-25-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What a waste of talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was World Champion. What more did you want him to accomplish?

bernie
04-25-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He was absolutely saved by the bell against a severly overmatched opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing i'll give that opponent. He came in ready and prepared. He looked like he was ready for the fight of his life. I've never seen him before, but I was impressed.

[ QUOTE ]
Bowe's career is striking in that he was a fighther extremely motivated and dedicated to become World Champion but lost those qualities rather quickly once getting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Bowe has a history of psyche problems which may have also factored in causing him to blow his career. Not that I think it's a valid excuse for blowing it, but it is a factor. The reason I don't see it as valid is because it's well documented, he knows about it, he should know how to get around it.

b

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What a waste of talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We would have wanted him to be world champion for longer and to have defended against Lennox Lewis.

Now you know what we want.

bernie
04-25-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's many world champions who weren't that good. Many of them didn't have near the talent Bowe had. You really think he reached his potential of what he could be remembered for? I think he could've been one of the tops of all time. He had the size and talent for it. Now he just looks washed up. It's sad.

Btw...He only fought 3 good fighters. All named Holyfield. The 1st 2 times were great fights. While dodging Tyson and Lewis during his career.

This last performance was pathetic.

Though those golotta fights were fun to watch.

b

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
What did you expect from a guy that voluntarily joined the Marine Corps then cried every night and finally refused to train.