PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 with Andy B, when to raise?

Wu36
04-25-2005, 02:49 AM
I decided to start playing stud again and what better way than to sit 10/20? I wasn't sure where to get my raises in against Andy (the other player had a shortstack and was all in early) and the 3bet on 4th completely lost me. Any comments appreciated.
7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls $8.50 and is all-in

5th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___all-in

6th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___all-in

River

Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___all-in

CarlosChadha
04-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Against Andy I suggest capping on every street until he folds.

Andy B
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
I would have found helpful if you had raised on third so I would have known where I was at. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I think the flat call is fine. The guy with the Ten is probably going to go all-in for that $8.50 no matter what you do, so you might as well let me bluff off my money. I honestly didn't have any idea what to put you on. I like the way you played this one. More accurately, I hated the way it came down when I was actually playing against you.