PDA

View Full Version : The UB sit and go crazy bonus

DMACM
04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Does anyone remember a while back when Ultimate bet did that bonus where you got half your buy in back in bonus dollars? I didnt start doing the 5's on that site until after but it occured to me that you could make a lot with that if you could clear the bonuses. The 5s there are definately easier than the 10s here I would say, as I was able to crush them and I only break even here plus the rake is smaller. I wonder if they will ever bring that back but it seems like most people here stick to party. P.S. maybe the games here are as soft when I was just writing this I realized i was in the money at level 3 because i had folded every hand in the 11 im doing. Sorry if this post was irrelevant or outdated.

Al P
04-25-2005, 01:53 AM
It was last June or July.

I still have $600 in UB Bonus in my account because I don't play ring games there.

Shanemex
04-25-2005, 02:30 AM
I have almost $1000 in bonus money there because of that promotion. The turnover rate is pretty bad though so I think it will be staying in my bonus account for a long time.

DMACM
04-25-2005, 03:36 AM
I heard that clearing a UB bonus is like playing without a rake I'm not sure if thats accurate but it seems that way. How else could UB make money if they were giving back 2.5x more than the rake on sit and goes? Are that many people getting addicted to them or something? I wish theyd bring that bonus back anyway even though the new format for their tournys takes an hour and a half.

Newt_Buggs
04-25-2005, 04:07 AM
I'm too lazy to check, but i'm pretty sure that the bonus doesn't come close to clearing the rake

Shanemex
04-25-2005, 04:42 AM
You get a maximum of ten cents per raked hand. So when the game is ten handed and the rake is exactly $1, then the bonus will offset the rake. But UB rakes more than most sites. In a 2/4 for example, most sites rake 5% rounded down to the nearest dollar, but UB does it to the nearest quarter. So they'd rake an extra $0.75 out of a $35 pot.