PDA

View Full Version : The Go Team! "Thunder Lightning Strike"

bdk3clash
04-25-2005, 01:00 AM
It's taken me a while to listen to this album (it came out in 2004 and is only available as an import in the States, I think), but upon my first few listens this album is as good as anything I've heard in the last few years. Definitely check it out--it's quite a refreshing sound compared to the post-punk angular stuff that's in vogue lately (which I also like.)

For you leeching types it's available via BitTorrent on TorrentSpy.com, or you can buy it on Amazon.

private joker
04-25-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this album is as good as anything I've heard in the last few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

bdk3clash
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Parts of it remind me of the Avalanches' "Since I Left You," though they arrive at a similar sound from drastically different starting points.

youngin20
04-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Also check bloc party out...they are pretty good, and have a similar feel. Panther Dash is a fun song.

private joker
04-25-2005, 04:50 AM
Just listened to this again (64,592nd time) because of this thread (and my remark on sfer's SS thread about TG!T being the best band of the decade, which probably prompted Brad to make this one).

The drumfill at the 00:39 mark of track 6 ("Junior Kickstar") is the most exhilarating moment in pop music since the first "Woohoo!" in Blur's "Song 2" in 1997.

JaBlue
04-25-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The drumfill at the 00:39 mark of track 6 ("Junior Kickstar") is the most exhilarating moment in pop music since the first "Woohoo!" in Blur's "Song 2" in 1997.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case i'm going to actually check this out (seriously)

Jack of Arcades
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this album is as good as anything I've heard in the last few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Power Is On" and "Huddle Information" are two of the greatest songs ever.

private joker
04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"The Power Is On" and "Huddle Information" are two of the greatest songs ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. Best dance songs of the 2000s:

1. "Lucky Star," Basement Jaxx
2. "The Power Is On," The Go! Team
3. Nothing else compares, so stop asking.

contentless
04-26-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Parts of it remind me of the Avalanches' "Since I Left You," though they arrive at a similar sound from drastically different starting points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. Thunder Lightning Strike strikes me as something that could be the score to all the fighting scenes in Kill Bill. Since I Left You is all over the place...and it should be, considering all those samples.