PDA

View Full Version : QQ Played super badly?

Bizot
04-25-2005, 12:21 AM
SB here has a tendancy to 3 bet me anytime i raise recently but is a 32/12/1.8
CO is 89/33 but its like 10 hands so no read

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Can I fold here?

Turn: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

I think he may have been going for a check/raise here that or maybe he was scared?

River: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Terrible call here.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Rail me hard for this one i played it terrible...

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 12:25 AM
I think your line is fine til the turn (though some might advocate capping the flop). I'd bet it.

Pokey
04-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Preflop is standard.

Flop, I cap it, but that could be overdoing it. You've got the third-best overcards here, and SB isn't betting a 76. Plus, with CO feeding more money into the pot, you might as well suck them dry.

Turn: What's your alternative? Bet to see if anybody check-raises? Sure, that gives you information, but you're getting a free card here -- I say take it with gusto. If you're ahead, another free card won't be deadly. If you're behind, your bankbook will thank you later.

River seems like an easy fold to me. If CO only called, I'd call the river bet. With the raise, you could easily get into a nice lil' raising war, and this hand is NOT worth 4 BBs to see the showdown. Moreover, two people liked this hand enough to throw money in on the river. I seriously doubt they're BOTH bluffing. With anything as weak as Kx beating you, you've got to let this one go.

Bizot
04-25-2005, 12:27 AM
bet the turn fold to check/raise?

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (11 BB) 6 (3 players)
SB bets, CO raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

Terrible call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.

ArturiusX
04-25-2005, 12:29 AM
I bet/fold this turn.

River call is really loose, CO as a loose passive waking up when the board pairs should be a big sign "your overpair is not good".

Bizot
04-25-2005, 12:30 AM
River should have told me 2 things #1 i am behind to SB and either CO has a 6 or tried to check raise a flush on the turn?

ArturiusX
04-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Let me put it this way, to make this call, you have to be good 1 in 7 times at least, and thats only if we don't get re-raised behind.

I don't see us being good here 1 in 7 times.

Bizot
04-25-2005, 12:33 AM
that hand was just terrible all the way around here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River should have told me 2 things #1 i am behind to SB and either CO has a 6 or tried to check raise a flush on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB might have something like TT but CO looks to have the 6. This is why I said I liked betting the turn. Its hard for either of these guys to c/r there w/o the flush. If they both hang on, you might buy the option of a free showdown.

Harv72b
04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
CO appears loose after 1 orbit, but I don't see where anyone got passive from.

Anyway...I like betting the turn. The river explains why; I want to get to a showdown here, but I'm not sure my queens are good so I want to get there as cheaply as possible. If you bet the turn you're not likely to fold either opponent, but there is a good chance that it'll get checked to you on the river, where you can then check through. If you get check/raised on the turn, fine--easy fold with a flush showing + the overcard + SB's aggression.

The river....the way I see it, a fold is best by a wide margin. A 3-bet is next best. Calling is the worst possible option.

bicyclekick
04-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Bet the turn, fold to a check-raise from the SB. River play is good considering you didn't bet the turn.

Bizot
04-25-2005, 12:51 AM
If i bet the turn nobody is going to fold a better hand... so say i bet turn and they both call then I am bet into on the river by CO.

Raise or fold? And I raise and it comes back 3 bet fold?

bicyclekick
04-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Screw the CO, he looks like an idiot. Sb almost surely has a pocketpair between 7's and K's...the CO doesn't likely have anything. He would have bet a King on the turn and sure he could have the 6...and hero should find out. His numbers make him look like a donk like you said but you can't know for sure.

bicyclekick
04-25-2005, 12:54 AM
bet the turn, you're almost surely ahead, yes. JSUT CALL if co comes to life on the river.

Bizot
04-25-2005, 01:37 AM
ya the flop action would make me assume my Queens are good here I just totally grew a vagina and wussed out. Then tried to make up for it on the river with a terrible call.