PDA

View Full Version : Hand played by another 2+2'er (really, it's not me)

TT_fold
04-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: CO posts a blind of $7. UTG folds, CO checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2.80 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.90 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (9.90 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.90 BB

In this hand, BB (a respected 2+2'er) had 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif for the turned straight. Am I missing something, or is there any reason not to 3-bet the turn? The only hand the BB can realistically fear is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, but it seems too early to worry about that. Perhaps the BB was going for a river check-raise and chickened out when the boat-completing card fell on the river.

In any event, the BB's play seems weak. Comments?

arkady
04-25-2005, 02:21 AM
I suppose that settles the posting in the CO debate. haha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, there must be some interesting reason why BB chose not to 3-bet the turn. Button's hand could be anything from KT to a 2 pair to a set. I am not sure what the fear here is. Perhaps BB can explain his reasoning and we can determine if it is correct. As of now I suppose it does not.

Alobar
04-25-2005, 02:26 AM
am I the only one who thinks a flop fold isnt entirely out of the question?

but yeah, I think BB was suffering from fancy play syndrome and was trying to get cute with a river c/r (which is definately the wrong play) and then decided not to when the board paired.

arkady
04-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Forgot to mention that, good thing u brought it up.

3.8:1 - not the greatest Throw in the fact that there are 2 hearts and the draw is a sucker one, it makes it even less attractive.

sthief09
04-25-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one who thinks a flop fold isnt entirely out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it either