PDA

View Full Version : Argh, I don't smell good.

Sooga
04-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Just kidding. The subject line should read 'I don't smell well.' I had a cold last week and although it's mostly gone, some remnants of it continue to annoy me, in the form of mucus found in every orifice in my head. As a result, my sense of taste/smell has been reduced to a minimum. I can hardly taste any of this pizza I just bought, and I sure as hell couldn't taste any of the BBQ burger I had last night when I went out with my friends... Sigh... Any of you guys know of the best medicine I should take that will allow me to taste/smell again ASAP? Thanks.

ThaSaltCracka
04-24-2005, 11:09 PM
eat something really spicey, like jalapeno's or something.

kipin
04-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Plug your nose and breathe out through your nose... (this should put pressure on your sinuses opening them up.) You should be able to smell/taste for about 4 seconds after doing this.

The Stranger
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
smoke a big cigar

thirddan
04-24-2005, 11:35 PM
afrin spray, over the counter nasal spray...this stuff will clear your sinuses, but its not good for you if you use it too often...

EliteNinja
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Sniff a line of wasabi.

mmbt0ne
04-24-2005, 11:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Plug your nose and breathe out through your nose... (this should put pressure on your sinuses opening them up.) You should be able to smell/taste for about 4 seconds after doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible piece of advice.

lu_hawk
04-24-2005, 11:44 PM
it is interesting that most people use 'good' and 'well' interchangeably but it changes the meaning of your subject line completely. somebody tried to teach me how to use them correctly once, they also tried to teach me when to use 'scared' and when to use 'afraid'. good luck with the smelling.

Diplomat
04-24-2005, 11:47 PM
You can't live forever!

-Diplomat

InchoateHand
04-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, nothing like getting hooked on Afrin. You'll never breathe normally again without it...(unless you step yourself down using the pure saline solution Afrin).

thirddan
04-25-2005, 12:02 AM
yeah, thats why i included a disclaimer, but the [censored] works like a charm...

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, nothing like getting hooked on Afrin. You'll never breathe normally again without it...(unless you step yourself down using the pure saline solution Afrin).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gone through this a couple of times too.

My recommendation to the OP is a hot shower with lots of steam. Get in there, cup your hands and fill them with water and blow the [censored] out of your nose into them. I do this every morning a few times.

TrishaT
04-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Try enjoying the sensory deprivation as a new experience....and just let the senses come back when they are good and ready.... Also, you might be overweight and the lack of taste and smell may help you in that regard....

i wanna be me
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you might be overweight and the lack of taste and smell may help you in that regard....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL