PDA

View Full Version : Under full w/ 21x BB

J-Lo
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t688)
CO (t2210)
Button (t2065)
SB (t215)
Hero (t2145)
UTG (t2677)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t100, UTG calls t100.

Flop: (t650) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, UTG folds, CO calls t300.

Turn: (t1250) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1250) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1250

If converter didn't work, i checkraised all in on turn, when he bet 150.

Would i be better off checkraising large on flop? I usually trap people, but i felt if he had nothing, i get nohting outa him, and if he has an A he will raise.

Bigwig
04-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, you should be all-in preflop.

With two players in after the flop, I'd check and let someone go wild with their 88. Or AT. Perfect time to slowplay. So I wouldn't bet out.

J-Lo
04-24-2005, 11:19 PM
all in w/ 20x BB vs min-raise w/ JJ? I have often ran into AA/KK, retards who minraise w/ those hand. I used to push w/ AK, TT+, and sometimes 78s when i sensed weakness, but i ran into big hands so many times. How about reraising to 950, and pushing on any flop-- pick up more chips. And next time i will check on flop, and play it a bit slower.

Bigwig
04-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Not just a mini-raise, a caller as well. That's 450 in the pot right now. Going to 950 (1/2 stack) and push on any flop is terrible with JJ and 20BB. Use your fold equity.

microbet
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't mind betting 1/2 pot on the flop. He could think you are bluffing and come over the top, even without the Ace.

Why would he flat call? Most likely because either he has the Ace and is trying to trap you or he has a straight or flush draw.

Why check-raise the turn, especially all-in? If he has the Ace, I don't think you need to protect against him hitting his full house on the river. If he has a draw, you want him to hit it and think he is beating your 3 aces. Anyway, if you minraise on the turn, I think that is enough protection from the 3 outer and he'll still think he has odds for a straight or flush draw.

beeyjay
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't think pushing preflop is optimal here although its not that horrible. The problem is you are probably going to get whats in the pot, but for 100 more you have the chance to get a ton more than that which I think is a pretty good deal.

I would bet smaller on the flop to see what happens. If you check CO is going to bet no matter what if checked to him and you wont know if he hit that ace or not. With a smaller bet an ace might raise you or will call but at least he knows you have something so his call signals to you that he must have something as well. In this case I would guess a pair of 10s or something. I like the check raise on the turn after betting out on the flop. Against a really strong player this won't work but a normal player will take this as a sense of total weakness and you'll get called a lot.

microbet
04-24-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the check raise on the turn after betting out on the flop. Against a really strong player this won't work but a normal player will take this as a sense of total weakness and you'll get called a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a weak player would view a bet followed by a check/raise as a sign of weakness.

microbet
04-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok, I know I'm responding to my own post and near another one of my posts - but it's been an hour.

I just wanted to add that on the turn I like a little raise, because he will still call if he has anything or a draw and if he has a draw that misses on the river, you won't get any more chips off him.

Benholio
04-25-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (t650) J, A, A (3 players)
Turn: (t1250) 3 (2 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Would i be better off checkraising large on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, he had A3?

I think just calling the flop is fine, no need to play too fast with a hand this strong.

On the turn, a smaller raise might have been better, to make sure he will stick around for any draws.

Bigwig
04-25-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think pushing preflop is optimal here although its not that horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree on Level 3, not 4.

J-Lo
04-25-2005, 09:16 AM
[quoteLet me guess, he had A3?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, did i mention this was a $50+5 on sunday night.