PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox question

SinCityGuy
04-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I just started using this as my default browser, and I'm pleased with the performance so far.

I've run into a small problem. When I'm logged into Party or Empire and go to my account information, the webpage comes up in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already got Firefox defined as my default browser.

Thanks.

kipin
04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
This is Party's fault.

liquidboss
04-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, it is Party's fault, not your computer. Party and skins will always use IE.

astroglide
04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
why is that a problem?

wacki
04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why is that a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things you seem to always defend:

Antipiracy and Microsoft

I understand and agree with your antipiracy posts for moral reasons, but why the constant defense of IE in these situations?

astroglide
04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
i have used firefox as my only browser for a long time. i'm not defending IE, i'm attacking the retards that think that a single, specific site being intentionally loaded by a vendor for the purpose of guaranteed compatibility is somehow going to cripple them. unless PAYPRO targets you with spyware/trojans, you are not going to have a problem. if you think they will, why would you even click the cashier link?

wacki
04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Ok, I understand that. Still, my taskbar is flooded with applications 24/7. That's one of many reasons why I love tabs in Firefox so much. If Party could open up in one of Firefox's tabs, I would love it. Now, if I could only alt-tab the tabs in firefox.....

bdk3clash
04-25-2005, 12:51 AM
I've just discovered the wonders of live bookmarks. Two quick questions:

Can anyone recommend a good news aggregation tool for Firefox?

Is there a way for the little bookmark icon to show up differently when a page has been updated? This would be useful for browsing through the blogs I have live bookmarks for.

astroglide
04-25-2005, 12:53 AM
my advise would be to stop barking up that tree and use mozilla thunderbird for an rss reader

astroglide
04-25-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Party could open up in one of Firefox's tabs, I would love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc firefox defaults to have 3rd party apps open new links in the CURRENT tab, overwriting whatever is in it. frustrating behavior if you don't change the option. there is no harm in it using IE.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if I could only alt-tab the tabs in firefox.....

[/ QUOTE ]

ctrl+tab or ctrl+pagedown goes to the next tab
ctrl+shift+tab or ctrl+pageup goes to the previous tab

keyboard shortcuts are listed in the builtin help

ceyoung
04-25-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Party could open up in one of Firefox's tabs, I would love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc firefox defaults to have 3rd party apps open new links in the CURRENT tab, overwriting whatever is in it. frustrating behavior if you don't change the option. there is no harm in it using IE.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if I could only alt-tab the tabs in firefox.....

[/ QUOTE ]

ctrl+tab or ctrl+pagedown goes to the next tab
ctrl+shift+tab or ctrl+pageup goes to the previous tab

keyboard shortcuts are listed in the builtin help

[/ QUOTE ]

mouse gestures are the way to go. all in one gestures is my favorite firefox plug in

astroglide
04-25-2005, 01:00 AM
they're my favorite extension too (modified to have 'up' scroll to the top of a page and 'down' scroll to the bottom), but i assumed by his reference of alt-tab that he wanted a KEYBOARD shortcut for it

ceyoung
04-25-2005, 01:02 AM
i was thinking maybe he wasn't aware of their existence.

edtost
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in a similar vein, is there a way to stop eurobet from being able to resize my firefox window with their [censored] goodbye page?

bdk3clash
04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Tools->Options->Web Features

Next to the "Enable Javascript" box, click the "Advanced" button and uncheck "Move or Resize Existing Windows."

You can also use the Tabbrowser Preferences extension to make Firefox load external links (like Eurobet's exit page launch) in a new tab. I just middle-click it as soon as it shows up.

wacki
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Yes, astro was correct.

BTW, I just downloaded mousegestures/all in one, forecastFox, and cuteIcons.

ForecastFox is very nice! Bye bye weatherbug!!!

edtost
04-25-2005, 01:48 AM
you rule. i had been trying to close the tab before it loaded, but i don't have mid click linked to close tab, so i wasn't able to close it fast enough a lot of the time.

ceyoung
04-25-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tools->Options->Web Features

Next to the "Enable Javascript" box, click the "Advanced" button and uncheck "Move or Resize Existing Windows."

You can also use the Tabbrowser Preferences extension to make Firefox load external links (like Eurobet's exit page launch) in a new tab. I just middle-click it as soon as it shows up.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY