PDA

View Full Version : Civil Civil-War

touchfaith
04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
While reading today of a proposal by Senate Republicans to ban Filibusters, I couldn't help but think...

How much longer before the Bush and his sheep push the censible minded people of this country to take action against him?

But wait! This is the year 2005 and all-out warfare across the states would be very Politically Incorrect! There must be a better way...A Civil Civil-War

So how about it? What is your proposal?

I myself am partial to fencing off Nebraska and issueing Paintball Guns at the border, but there must be some better ideas out there...

"Discuss"

mason55
04-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Take this crap to politics.

handsome
04-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Shouldn't this be in Politics?

tbach24
04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Rock the vote. Seriously, I saw some statistic that said 18-25 was ridiculously low (I can't remember the number). Pathetic.

touchfaith
04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
There's a Politics forum? "Go figure"

Anyway...this isn't politics...THIS IS WAR

kipin
04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I believe they are just trying to get rid of judicial filibusters... this is a bit different from banning ALL filibusters.

I wonder if peachy can provide us with some more insight.

tbach24
04-24-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Go figure"

[/ QUOTE ]

What's worse, uneccesary (sp?) italics or quotations?

fluxrad
04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rock the vote. Seriously, I saw some statistic that said 18-25 was ridiculously low (I can't remember the number). Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forever it has been and forever shall it be. I'm 25. I'm very political. Many of my friends are not. I had a buddy ask me during the election whether Bush was the Republican or the Democrat.

I have not talked to him since that night.

shadow29
[ QUOTE ]
I believe they are just trying to get rid of judicial filibusters... this is a bit different from banning ALL filibusters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all filibusters. I'm not sure that you can eliminate a Senate rule for one specific case.

I'm a Republican and this is just absurd.

PoBoy321
Wasn't there some crazy guy who said that he was from the future, and that in 2005, there was a civil war between the conservative rural areas of the country and the liberal urban areas? How nuts would it be if he was right.

touchfaith
04-24-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Go figure"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Things worse:

-Forum cops
-Celtics fans
-People biulding up post counts

Beerfund
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Fukc it, lets do it. P ussy liberals wouldnt have a prayer, they'd be protesting and we'd be spraying 50 cal bullets all over. In the end it would be just like it is now but with less douchebags. Win win if you ask me.

tbach24
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Go figure"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Things worse:

-Forum cops
-Celtics fans
-People biulding up post counts

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse, people who are too [censored] dumb to understand a question. Also, people who hate on C's fans suck. People who irrationally accuse others of being cops when all they were doing was pointing something stupid out suck. And as for building a post count, not true, I'm just an addict. Stop being so dumb.

tbach24
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fukc it, lets do it. P ussy liberals wouldnt have a prayer, they'd be protesting and we'd be spraying 50 cal bullets all over. In the end it would be just like it is now but with less douchebags. Win win if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThinMan is giving liberals a bad name. Personally, I think politics are gay and don't really give a [censored].

kipin
04-24-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all filibusters. I'm not sure that you can eliminate a Senate rule for one specific case.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The more conservative members of the GOP, such as senators Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and George Allen of Virginia, have pressed for a rule change that would ban filibusters of judicial nominations."

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1170&dept_id=7018&newsid=14365648&PAG =461&rfi=9

fluxrad
04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't there some crazy guy who said that he was from the future, and that in 2005, there was a civil war between the conservative rural areas of the country and the liberal urban areas? How nuts would it be if he was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man in question was John Titor, who "disappeared" from the internet several years ago. Unfortunately for fans of Mr. Titor, he was wrong. He'd said the revolution would start in late '04 with "WACO-style" raids becoming more and more frequent. This all ends with nuclear war or something and a bunch of other crap coming to pass. You can read about it on Art Bell's website, etc.

Mostly he was full of [censored].

PoBoy321
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The man in question was John Titor, who "disappeared" from the internet several years ago. Unfortunately for fans of Mr. Titor, he was wrong. He'd said the revolution would start in late '04 with "WACO-style" raids becoming more and more frequent. This all ends with nuclear war or something and a bunch of other crap coming to pass. You can read about it on Art Bell's website, etc.

Mostly he was full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

John Titor (http://www.johntitor.com/)

shadow29
04-24-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"The more conservative members of the GOP, such as senators Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and George Allen of Virginia, have pressed for a rule change that would ban filibusters of judicial nominations."

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1170&dept_id=7018&newsid=14365648&PAG =461&rfi=9

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops. I read a NYT article (yesterday, I think) that didn't mention a specific ban.

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Take this crap to politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you post this here? Are you retarted?