PDA

View Full Version : Lower boat vs. solid

JrJordan
04-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Seems I keep getting tough hands against good players tonight. Can someone say game selection? Anyway, villain is solid, maybe 2+2er from his stats but didn't confirm with a sup bro.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

On the turn I was seriously considering checking it through instead of betting for the following reasons. The villain is solid and will fold most hands that I beat here except maybe A high, but even that is doubtful. Second, perhaps I can get a bet out of him if he bets out the river on a bluff and then I can call down. Any thoughts?

Roy6
04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
If he's solid why did you pay 2 BBs? A high will never C/R this turn. Chances for a chop or rivering quads don't justify your calldown. I check the turn, you only give a PP a &lt;5% chance to improve and he'd bet the flop with a 5+ PP anyway.

JrJordan
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Ugh, I hated this hand. Decided I wasn't playing well after this one and closed up the tables. Villain shows QT for a higher boat. In retrospect it's so easy to see why checking through the river is a good line her. I don't really have to worry about a free card, and this allows me to win the most when I'm ahead and lose the least when behind. At worst, I should've bet/fold the turn. Next hand...