PDA

View Full Version : $10+$1: am I overplaying this or appropriate to kill the action?

liucipher
04-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm brand new to the $11s. I don't know if this is an appropriately sized bet or if I'm putting way too much at risk. Took some bad beats tonight ( <font color="red"> whining: </font> AQ vs. A2, AK vs. A7, JJ vs. 55) but trying to be objective about the session and plug some leaks.

Thinking on the flop: (1) I want to put an end to all this min-betting, especially w/ two diamonds and two cards in straight range. Potting the sucker feels right but that's roughly ~400 and I'll only have 300 after that. Opted for the if-40%-of-stack-then-100%-of-stack rule. (2) It doesn't completely kill my action because nothing attracts fish w/ Qx like an oversized bet.

Do I need to call the plumber?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t740)
UTG (t1600)
UTG+1 (t1520)
MP1 (t603)
Hero (t785)
CO (t245)
Button (t2225)
SB (t282)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t30.

Flop: (t315) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t30</font>, UTG calls t30, Hero moves all-in, CO folds, Button folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t375) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t375) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t375

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 4h 4c (three of a kind, fours).
Hero has Qs Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: BB wins t375. </font>

Al P
04-25-2005, 01:33 AM
You don't need to do a full pot size bet to drive people out here.

elonkra
04-25-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to do a full pot size bet to drive people out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new to all of this pot odds stuff, so bear with me here for a second: OP is sitting there with t725 chips, and the pot is at t375 when the action gets to him on the flop. In order to give drawers incorrect odds to call, doesn't he half to put nearly half his stack in? If so, how would you suggest he respond to an all-in reraise or an all-in bet on the turn (assuming a non-threatening rag fell instead--he's obviously not getting away from the hand when the ace falls)? I think this hand is kind of tricky.

Nottom
04-25-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm new to all of this pot odds stuff, so bear with me here for a second: OP is sitting there with t725 chips, and the pot is at t375 when the action gets to him on the flop. In order to give drawers incorrect odds to call, doesn't he half to put nearly half his stack in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really 2/3 of the pot should be good enough, around 250 or so. That still leaves a good amount to push on the turn if you like it and enough of a stack if you decide to let it go.

In this particular hand, Hero is probably just fcuked.