PDA

View Full Version : missed river bet or pushed too hard?

darker_days
04-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok villian up to this point is 26%/14%/1.8, and MP1 is an absolute fish so i wasnt to worried about the pf cap.

so question about the hand is in the title, but what d you put UTG+1 on? any comments apprciated

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

tyler_cracker
04-24-2005, 11:27 PM
What could he have that he would be willing to 3-bet the river when you've been showing strength all along? The only thing he could really have that you could beat is something like AQ or KQ. His leading at the river could be a bluff, but i don't think his 3-bet can be -- he probably has the flush. I don't think capping is correct here.

edit: i forgot to say that i think you have to call the river here.

I think your raise on the river is ok, though i can't decide if i think it's better than a call.

Harv72b
04-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Having thought about this hand &amp; restarted this reply for several times, I can say that I likely would've been a nit and called the river 3-bet.

He probably has a lower set, although it's a bit of a reach to think that he PFR'd 77 from UTG+1. He could have AA, and decided to wait for the turn to go to war. He doesn't have 88 for the straight, because he would have folded that on the flop. He probably doesn't have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif because he would have check/raised you on the flop. And even if he'd smooth call your flop bet with it, I can't see him capping the turn with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, though stranger things have happened.

The more I think about it, the more I want to put him on AA, making this a missed river bet. But man would he have overplayed it if so. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a close second, making this a good call of the 3-bet.

So, basically, I dunno. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

brettbrettr
04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I like the river raise. This looks a hell of a lot like AA or KK.

Justin A
04-25-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain did not cap preflop.

wrto4556
04-25-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain did not cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't get a chance to.

purnell
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not putting him on the straight, since he raised utg, and I don't think a 1.8 AF is check-raise semi-bluffing a flush draw. My guess is an overpair or an underset, so I'm not slowin' down here, I'm reraising until I am convinced to stop. Did he have the straight flush or something?