PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question about starting hands for omaha 8

11-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Hi guys,
Tell me what u think of the following hands and whether you think they are playable in a pot limit omaha hi low game with blinds 1-2.

23510 two clubs
KKJJ rainbow
JJ1010 rainbow
AQ1010 suited to the ace
A345 three spades when there is a pot sized raise
A2K7 two hearts to the ace, when there is a pot sized raise
23xx or 23xy (where x is another low card)

Thanks in advance for any comments,
-MJ

twistedbeats
11-12-2002, 10:24 AM
a big hole in my game for a long time was playing hands like KKxx and taking them too far. Basically, if i'm up front, this hand goes in the muck now. if i'm around back, i look to steal preflop or on the flop, unless i the flop comes something like KTT with two suits or something perfect where i can slow down.

23xx, 235x, a45x, are hands you are hoping to mise with. you're looking for specific flops. make sure you get paid off when you get said flops.

aqtt, jjtt, etc. (AXs)xx are more fit or fold hands, with less potential (in some cases, practically none.) with most of these hands, if you flop a draw, you'll be drawing pretty slim to get the whole pot.

the hands you mentioned playing with a raise in front of you are hands you can pass on and not feel bad. just remember, if you call all the way and then get quartered, or shown a better low, you feel really dumb.