Uglyowl
04-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Can't believe VJ missed that putt

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe VJ missed that putt

[/ QUOTE ]
not surprising. remember the 3 footer he missed that would have sent that other tournament to a playoff?

Beerfund
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
There's prolly less than 4 people that want Singh to win, fukc that guy.

Uglyowl
04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Unless you had $ on him. At least Daly choked and put it in the water.

Corey
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM
After watching Vijay practice for hours on end during my four years at UCSD (short five minute walk to Torrey Pines/Buick Invitational), I can say I have more respect for this guy than anyone else on tour. Sure, he may not be the most personable guy on tour, but he is, by far and away, the hardest working player and deserves every bit of success he is currently acheiving. Unless he's up against Fred Funk, I can not find it in myself to root against Vijay.

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 07:39 PM
it is silly that people hate him because he doesn't think that someone who hasn't qualified to play on the pga tour gets the sponsors exemptions (see: michelle wie, anika sorenstam).

Beerfund
04-24-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is silly that people hate him because he doesn't think that someone who hasn't qualified to play on the pga tour gets the sponsors exemptions (see: michelle wie, anika sorenstam).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that's the only reason /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ceyoung
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
its definately the main reason

Corey
04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's why people don't like him. I know one of my roomates hated him because he is an outright [censored] to the media and public in general. I don't know whether it's cultural or just the way Vijay is, but I have never seen him acknnolwedge spectators once, while players like Tiger and Phil are much more personable (especially) to the American public.

That being said, I just picked up my week-long tickets to the 2005 Presidents Cup in Northern Virginia and the thing I'm most looking forward to is seeing Reteif and Ernie (they never went to Torrey)

Beerfund
04-24-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason is the guy's a fukcing prick. My friends' dad plays with Mickleson sometimes and he's told him that Vijay is by FAR the least liked by other players.

04-24-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason is the guy's a fukcing prick. My friends' dad plays with Mickleson sometimes and he's told him that Vijay is by FAR the least liked by other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

he also had that little cheating episode in Asia a number of years back ... I would guess that the players don't forget that stuff, particularly when you're as big a jackass as Vijay supposedly is.

BadBoyBenny
04-25-2005, 08:18 AM
I wonder what the other players think of Singh's little toady Tom Pernice Junior.

thegrammarnazi
04-25-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely the main reason.