PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Field

Toro
04-24-2005, 05:34 PM
It sucks. The carpet looks horrible on TV. I can't even stand watching on TV never mind imagine ever stepping foot in the place.

tdarko
04-24-2005, 05:36 PM
a very close friend of mine plays for them and he said the playing surface at his high school was better (just didn't have the stadium seating)

JTG51
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Terrible for baseball, but it's good for basketball.

Jack of Arcades
04-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Now that le Stade's done for, I can't think of a worse baseball venue.

MicroBob
04-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I've been to a couple games there.

Not only does it just look bad...the crowd atmosphere SUCKS (and they have terrible uniforms too).
It actually wasn't quite as bad watching a game there as I thought it was going to be. But the place still sucks.

And the location sucks too.

It's actually in St. Petersburg...about 15-20 minutes from TB where the Buccaneers football stadium is.

Big problem is that they don't have many fans who give a crap about them...and they really didn't have many fans even in their very first season.

Go see them play against NYY or BOS and easily 75% of the crowd will NOT be rooting for TB (I saw a BOS-TB game there once and hardly saw any TB fans...TB won in the bottom of the 9th to end an 11-game losing streak).

Other small market teams MIGHT have a chance to compete and survive for various reasons. But even with a good manager and a bunch of young and hungry ball-players I just don't see how this team can realistically get to .500.
And if they can't do that I don't see how they will ever get any fans.

Minnesota might be competitive for worst baseball stadium as well (although I haven't been there).