PDA

View Full Version : You ever get that sinking feeling in your stomach?

beta1607
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls___calls

River

Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___folds

My main question is the 3-bet on 6th, + or -EV?

I don't much like cold calling two, I don't reopening betting for someone who obviously isn't scared of two dangerous boards and I certainly don't like folding. What is the best play in this situation?

Roland
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I think most players at 5/10 do fear the flush here, so I think I only call. If he’s a fish, the 3-bet is fine, of course. And you sure have to call it down and hope he’s drunk or something.
And yes, I got that sinking feeling in my stomach far too often today /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jon_1van
04-24-2005, 07:55 PM
why not raise 5th to try to isolate?

Andy B
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Tough spot. I think I just call on sixth. The guy with the clubs is saying that Deuce hit him, which should mean a flush. The guy who bet into 37 people on fifth and is now raising should have a full house. Now this is $5/10 on-line and not one of those "reasonable" games that a certain NPA keeps harping about, but I'd be more than a little concerned nonetheless. You still pay him off, of course, if only for the good of society.

beta1607
04-24-2005, 08:41 PM
"You still pay him off, of course, if only for the good of society."

Classic.

Michael Emery
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
If seat five is a soild player he should be full on sixth. He's raising a probable flush betting into him and a probable made flush behind him. I'm still not folding, but I'm simply calling the $20 on sixth.

Mike Emery

Michael Emery
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You still pay him off, of course, if only for the good of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right Andy. If everyone would just call down in such case's to preserve honesty and integrity in society, the world would be a much better place. Dont let anyone steal whats rightfully yours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Emery

BeerMoney
04-25-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You still pay him off, of course, if only for the good of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right Andy. If everyone would just call down in such case's to preserve honesty and integrity in society, the world would be a much better place. Dont let anyone steal whats rightfully yours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to let everyone know that Mike is the one that made it hip and cool to call a board of 4 of a kind while drawing dead and then pay off on the river, just to make sure he had it.

Michael Emery
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to let everyone know that Mike is the one that made it hip and cool to call a board of 4 of a kind while drawing dead and then pay off on the river, just to make sure he had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its true. /images/graemlins/blush.gif But it was strictly a defensive call for future purposes. If you fold to hands like open quads on the river too much people will start to get the notion that they can make you lay down a hand on the river.......I wont tolerate theivery now. Also, I kinda got confused as to what beat what. Since this occured in a friendly low limit game, I figured I might as well pay off the open quads to make sure my wrap-around wheel of QKA23 was no good.

Mike Emery

Andy B
04-25-2005, 04:13 PM
It would not surprise me if alcohol were involved here.