PDA

View Full Version : J10o on button

Wynton
04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
MP raises pf, and guy to his left calls. I have J10o on button.

I folded this, but wonder if this is one of the hands I might want to consider adding to my measly repertoire, considering I'm on the button.

Anyone call this? If it's suited, would you call or raise?

emonrad87
04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
To a raise this is a very, very easy fold.

sy_or_bust
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Good fold.

If the blinds are loose, you can call JTs, but you won't suffer from always folding in this situation.

Wynton
04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Ok, guess it makes sense. I just keep trying to figure out what hands I might be able to add, since my VPIP is supposedly low (20.8% last I checked). But cold-calling is probably not the place to look anyway.

sy_or_bust
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
If you're that low, examine your KJ/KT/K9 hands, which are worth a raise first-in from MP in most games. K8/K7 play well also, as do hands like Axs from the CO or Button first-in.

Basically 20.8% is fine UTG and playable in MP, so you'll want to find situations to play new hands from the CO/Button, and usually as a raise/fold decision.

Wynton
04-24-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're that low, examine your KJ/KT/K9 hands, which are worth a raise first-in from MP in most games. K8/K7 play well also, as do hands like Axs from the CO or Button first-in.

Basically 20.8% is fine UTG and playable in MP, so you'll want to find situations to play new hands from the CO/Button, and usually as a raise/fold decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing you mentioned that differs from my approach is K8 and K7, which I usually muck unless I'm on a total steal and think I won't get called by very cautious blinds. Are those hands really worth playing?