PDA

View Full Version : Help out a fellow STTer

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Degen was recently "outed" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2230228&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) by AlP as GauchoFish, who was also caught as BlindThief by another astute poster.

This guy has taken a fair amount of abuse from this forum, so let's help him out by picking a new alias for him.

Suggestions?

Degen
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
ha
ha
ha

Search my posts man. I've done a lot of contributing and receiving since that incident. Is it so bad that i want to be part of this forum and improve my game and help others do the same?

Degen

pooh74
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I love this stuff...we are such losers.

Don't understand those who ignore him...I know you guys secretly look...the first to admit it gets "honest poster of the day" award.

how about, the Bosnian, Croat or Serb? Or does Yugo object?

yep, that's right, GF=Yugo...you've been outed dude.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif j/k

<font color="white">haha...couldnt resist, sorry </font>

Voltron87
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
you left out the part of "steal from other forum regulars"

Apathy
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
was that other 'astute' poster not the great OP himself? Take credit when it's due suited.

Here is what my research revealed as possibilities:

Main Entry: outcast
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: unwanted
Synonyms: bum, castaway, deportee, derelict, displaced person, exile, expatriate, fugitive, gypsy, hobo, leper, pariah, rascal, refugee, reprobate, tramp, untouchable, vagabond, vagrant, wretch

Definition: shameful
Synonyms: abhorrent, abject, abominable, bad, base, beggarly, cheap, currish, degenerate, despicable, despisable, detestable, dirty, disgusting, fink, hateful, heel, ignoble, ignominious, inferior, low, low-down, lowest, mean, odious, outcast, paltry, pitiable, pitiful, poor, rat, sad, scummy, scurvy, shabby, shameful, sordid, sorry, swinish, unworthy, vile, worthless, wretched

Definition: hopeless
Synonyms: base, contemptible, degraded, dejected, deplorable, destitute, dishonorable, downtrodden, fawning, forlorn, groveling, hang dog, hopeless, humbling, humiliating, low, miserable, outcast, pathetic, pitiable, pitiful, servile, squalid, stark, submissive, underfoot, worthless, wretched

My personally favourite: hang dog.

Patriarch
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't understand.

pooh74
04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ha
ha
ha

Search my posts man. I've done a lot of contributing and receiving since that incident. Is it so bad that i want to be part of this forum and improve my game and help others do the same?

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

aside from your thing with Irie and all of that which is plainly none of my business, Ill agree you havent been a waste here...thats MY job.

ugh...i need to multi table...I shouldnt be posting about this nonsense.

Degen
04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
there was a lot of room for interpretation there, and i don't care to rehash it. i'm not asking for anybody to loan me money.

this is so petty.

Degen

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 03:36 PM
"Outkast" would be funny.
"Not_GauchoFish" is my vote.

Irieguy
04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
gen- from the latin genos: to produce

de- prefix meaning "to do the oppostie of, reverse."

Hmm. I think Degen is perfect. I vote we let him keep it and pretend we don't know it's Gaucho.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
It is kind of petty, and actually, I admire you persistence. I hate your morals and ethics, but admire your persistence. Seriously.

Degen
i wish it were possible

iMsoLucky0
[ QUOTE ]
"Not_GauchoFish" is my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen
04-24-2005, 03:40 PM
hey man, if you're a winning poker player there is some part of you who has a gaping moral and ethical void as well, even if you only use it at the table.

Degen

cleinen
http://www.hud.gov/progdesc/witness.cfm

maybe they can help

Voltron87
I see your point, but I personally wouldn't use the word "admire".

microbet
04-24-2005, 03:43 PM
What's the o/u on how long it takes the little flame to appear next to this thread?

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the o/u on how long it takes the little flame to appear next to this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a truly great honor.

Degen
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
maybe i should start my new nick now and chime in on my own defense /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously tho....how about a couple 'whatever man, this is old news, Degen is a good/regular poster, leave it alone."

Degen

Patrick Duffy
04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
someone mind explaining in simpler terms what this whole deal is? is it sorta another vince/smoothcall thing or what? im confused...

pooh74
04-24-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe i should start my new nick now and chime in on my own defense /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously tho....how about a couple 'whatever man, this is old news, Degen is a good/regular poster, leave it alone."

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill probably get flamed as a troll for this but Ill come to your defense.

I think if all of us opened the book on our personal lives here we'd all have things to be ashamed of...The problem with Degan is that you did it voluntarily instead of dealing with it one on one.

Again, I dont care what your gripe is with anyone...I personally would pay him back or come to some compromise...but whatever...Im not a great person and I dont judge.

I wont ignore your posts and go on about this...problem is, I dont know if my advice is worth jack...but, anyway, let the silliness continue.

Big Limpin'
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone mind explaining in simpler terms what this whole deal is? is it sorta another vince/smoothcall thing or what? im confused...

[/ QUOTE ]

Public Service Announcement (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1897520&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1)

microbet
04-24-2005, 04:02 PM
How about this. Nobody really cares that much. We're all just at our computer anyway, so it is just something else to do. Most posters would only be missed, if at all, because people feel like they are some kind of friends around here. Don't think people will cry over losing another guy that posts about hands. If you want to participate, just pick a new nick and be clever about it.

As for posters being missed, well Irie is one of the only ones who would be missed for the quality of his posts. There are only a few posters who ever make the kind of posts he does, and he does it regularly. He's not the favorite son of the STT forum because people think he's a god, they have Gigabet for that, but because of his well-crafted, thoughtful posts.

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for posters being missed, well Irie is one of the only ones who would be missed for the quality of his posts. There are only a few posters who ever make the kind of posts he does, and he does it regularly. He's not the favorite son of the STT forum because people think he's a god, they have Gigabet for that, but because of his well-crafted, thoughtful posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.

Patrick Duffy
04-24-2005, 04:06 PM
appreciate it...

microbet
04-24-2005, 04:08 PM
thx, and I'm only kidding about Gigabet. He is very mysterious, but I think he's human.

The Yugoslavian
04-24-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Degen was recently "outed" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2230228&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1) by AlP as GauchoFish, who was also caught as BlindThief by another astute poster.

This guy has taken a fair amount of abuse from this forum, so let's help him out by picking a new alias for him.

Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering for some time if Degen = Gaucho....

Frankly I figured knowing the truth wouldn't make me view Degen's posts any differently...so....I just didn't care, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

whatever man, this is old news, Degen is a <font color="red"> not so </font> good/regular poster, leave it alone."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey man, if you're a winning poker player there is some part of you who has a gaping moral and ethical void as well, even if you only use it at the table.

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a lot of searching to do in regards to your ethics and morals. Not that this isn't apparent to everyone already...I just couldn't help pointing it out anyway.

Yugoslav
Who also has much internal searching to do...but from a different starting point...

Blarg
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I think this thread, and the one it links to, and I guess the one that one in turn stems from, says a lot more about the folly of making monetary agreements with strangers over the internet than anything else, including who was right or wrong, if that could be determined, over the particular issues this time. It's also a pretty stern warning over the wisdom of airing matters out in a public forum.

Frankly, aside from eastbay's contribution, I'm not very impressed with much of the behavior at all in the threads regarding this matter.

skipperbob
04-24-2005, 08:38 PM
ADMIT IT; WE ALL MISS FORUMBOT /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Degen
04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
You know what. Life is to short from me to sit here and worry about the impression a bunch of random dudes on the internet have of me.

I've decided to leave my name as is, you guys want to block me. Be my guest. I hope my poker skills and knowledge have gained me some measure of respect and I'll hope i can still get some positive, constructive feedback in my posts.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I hope this thread dies and you all like my new (more fitting) avatar.

Andre

microbet
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't know. Maybe if it could get to the point where it could write a haiku.

Fold
moron
push

I think that's as close as it can get.

SuitedSixes
04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Andre-
It seems your avatar doesn't work, although it's from a place called freeavatars.com or something like that. If you are resorting to freeavatars, is it because you are low on funds? Do you need an avatar backer?

Apathy
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Andre-
It seems your avatar doesn't work, although it's from a place called freeavatars.com or something like that. If you are resorting to freeavatars, is it because you are low on funds? Do you need an avatar backer?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I too was low on avatar fund once. Then suited backed me and my life changed, he recieves half of the avatar praise. I hope I don't go broke playing outside of my avatar BR.

viennagreen
04-24-2005, 11:39 PM
this is off-topic because I could care less who you are or what your difficulties with other members on this board are--- but...

i have wrestled with the "gaping moral and ethical void" question for a long time, wondering whether what i do as a poker player is a "bad" thing... and perhaps it's just a rationalization on my part, but i don't think that a winning poker player = moral degenerate (even if you only consider actions at the table)

a poker player can be analytical, artistic, AND noble at the table.

it's possible that not recognizing that it's possible to be a moral and ethical player leads you to not even consider how to implement those values into your poker-playing life.

Scuba Chuck
04-24-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gen- from the latin genos: to produce

de- prefix meaning "to do the oppostie of, reverse."

Hmm. I think Degen is perfect. I vote we let him keep it and pretend we don't know it's Gaucho.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is any truth to this as to the reasoning for selecting his new handle on 2+2, I agree, let things lie.

Scuba

wuwei
04-26-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Andre-

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif suitedsixes.

I can see it now... you work out some vague avatar backing agreement. Degen runs into problems briefly with the new avatar while being backed, and yet in a couple weeks he'll be posting under a new name talking about how he's never had a bad stretch of avatars, and doesn't understand how others can struggle with their avatars for extended periods of time at the levels he plays. I can't wait /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I apologize for the bumpage, but I've been too busy the last few days with the birth of my son! Trying to get caught as time permits, glad I didn't miss this classic. Also, I've got some serious action on Microbet's pool on this thread hitting flames next to it. Need to help out with that.

ilya
04-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Really? I think Degen's been a fine poster. He posts a good deal of strategy advice and seems to genuinely want to be helpful.

Frankly I've never been fully convinced that Irie was in the right in that situation and I think everyone should forget the incident and let GauchoFish continue to contribute to the forum in whatever incarnation he chooses.

microbet
04-26-2005, 06:38 PM
You've just opened the thread up for hijacking, which should help with your bet.

Congratulations on the kid!

wuwei
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've just opened the thread up for hijacking, which should help with your bet.

Congratulations on the kid!

[/ QUOTE ]

All part of my plan... muahahahahaha.

Thanks man, fatherhood is a trip. A good trip.

ilya
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Congrats!

How soon can we exepct to see Wuwei Jr. at the tables?

microbet
04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
You might run into my 5 year old daughter at the free tables.

I have to supervise, though, and make sure no degenerates try and pick her up.

SuitedSixes
04-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words, and muchos congratulations on the new kid. I think Cleinen's wife was supposed to have their second kid today.

I'll have another kid nine months after I trick someone else into sleeping with me . . . Irie needs the business.

cleinen
04-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Tomorrow actually /images/graemlins/grin.gif