PDA

View Full Version : Raising stratigies on lose 3/6 Cardroom games

markfife
04-24-2005, 03:17 PM
It seems that raising does not knock anyone out if you raise in an early position. I don't think I want a large multiway pot with AA KK. What types of situations should you raise in a loose passive game?

Harv72b
04-24-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I want a large multiway pot with AA KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pot equity with AA or KK is huge regardless of how many opponents you have. You want lots of cold callers with these hands.

biggins
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
It won't knock many people out,but how many more callers would you have if u didn't raise? 3/6 live is insane and a lot different than online(atleast at pokerstars). The swings are big in my experience,but you'll win in the end. YOu have to raise your big hands preflop when your opponents call w garbage.

PokerBob
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I want a large multiway pot with AA KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pot equity with AA or KK is huge regardless of how many opponents you have. You want lots of cold callers with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. You want a lot of loose RAISERS with AA and KK. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ErrantNight
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM
why wouldn't you want a large multiway pot with the best hand in poker?

jason_t
04-24-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems that raising does not knock anyone out if you raise in an early position. I don't think I want a large multiway pot with AA KK. What types of situations should you raise in a loose passive game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear you because it would suck to take down a monster pot (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=1692469 &Forum=f3&Words=ginormous&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=1692469&Search=true&where=sub&Name=21723&datera nge=1&newerval=15&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post1692469) with the best hands in poker. That would make me so mad (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2220982&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1). I'd definitely rather have it be HU where I have an ~80% chance of winning a 8 BB pot than it be multiway with a ~30% chance of winning a 30 BB pot. That's because I don't like money.

TStoneMBD
04-24-2005, 06:56 PM
read theory of poker, holdem for advanced players and small stakes holdem. you need it.