PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Strategy

unglee
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
This sort of situation has arisen a number of times for me at recent final tables, and I'm wondering how you all would play it. I think I might be trying to be too "sneaky", and if so, want to know what I can do to maximize EV.

Example: Final table of a 30K tournament. Three left, you have 120K, Villian has 100K, and chip leader is at 200K. Blinds are at 5K-10K.

Villian limps on the button, SB folds, you check behind with 8To on the BB.

Flop: 8T4 rainbow.

You lead out with the minimum bet of 10K. Villian calls.

Turn: A, completing the rainbow.

You bet 20K, villian pushes all in. You call.

River: 9.

Do any of you play the flop more aggressively? The Villian had been limping with Ax, and had been playing paired flops aggressively, so I was pretty sure he didn't hit anything on this flop, making me a favorite on the turn. I was happy to see him push, but I guess what I'm asking is--do you take the risk of slow playing two pair, or do you protect it? What would your line be?

Thanks for any comments.

CardSharpCook
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
NO, I really like your play here. I confidently call the all-in on the turn as well. Well played, sorry about the beat.

CSC

fortextreme
04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
If you know the villian is going to bet on the flop if checked to I would probably look to check raise and then push the turn. However, there is nothing wrong with how you played it here.

kiffl
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Looks like a fine play to me but I have a feeling he drew out on you:(

unglee
04-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Good, good, good. It's nice to hear I played it right--clearly, this is the move I would make at any other point in a tourney, but was simply wondering if any of you play this kind of hand "safer" in the final stages of the tourny, simply to avoid any sort of suck out potential when considerable money is at stake.

Thanks for the comments.

Prime Time
04-24-2005, 03:56 PM
I want all my money in here.
That play is fine along w/ CR.
If I knew Vil will push turn, I would have played it just like you.

DemonDeac
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
any reads on villain?